Cranberry time

Guest Drewe

The smart money should go on Mr Manton, but you never know, Bill might be a closet insomniac!

Don't ask me to pick a winner though...two dam fine modellers, them boys!

The smart money should go on Mr Manton, but you never know, Bill might be a closet insomniac!

Don't ask me to pick a winner though...two dam fine modellers, them boys!

I'm not backing anyone! I've seen the kit and all I will say is that it looks like a build and a half! I'll stick to being a mere modelling mortal.

Day two. All major airframe together. Let the wings and tail set up and then deal with the seams. Not too bad overall (and much easier than the High-PLanes Models B(I).8 I shelved!) Achieved a pretty reasonable fit of the wings by the expedient of grinding away a good deal of the detail on the fuselage wing root area connected to the wheel bays and adding the wheel bays to the wings not fuselage. Meant after setting angle with spot welding mek I could flood the inside of the join with CA and hit it with accelerator. Decided on this route after fiddling with the fit and also seeing Bill's fit issues! It ain't pretty up there in the wheel bay/fuselage junction right now but at least the exterior joins are acceptable, and dealing will be easier and less visible than horribly fitting wings!

DSC00002.jpg