ju88 cockpit

ROGERD

just started my 1/32 revell kit - I an assuming the basic colour for the cockpit area is RLM66- ? I gather that the floor was wooden - should this be left in natural finish or overpainted?

Thanks in advance

Rogerd

thanks for the reply and link - very useful

Rogerd

I don't want to sound dozy, ( it is 5:45 am, I'm at work & can't accesss the LSP site on this PC) but the cockpit phot- is this one of the Ju88's currently being restored in Norway?

I don't want to sound dozy, ( it is 5:45 am, I'm at work & can't accesss the LSP site on this PC) but the cockpit phot- is this one of the Ju88's currently being restored in Norway?

yes, you are indeed correct- its the one revell based their kit on. the ju88 site is well worth a look, with lots of pictures of the restoration. the attention to detail has to be seen to be believed.

its daunting enough in 1/32 , but 1:1 is something different!

yes, you are indeed correct- its the one revell based their kit on. the ju88 site is well worth a look, with lots of pictures of the restoration. the attention to detail has to be seen to be believed.

its daunting enough in 1/32 , but 1:1 is something different!

If the cockpit is anything to go by & with the high standard of restoration of the HeIII, then we are all in for a real treat when they've finished the Ju88.

Don't know about the restoration (always a caveat with that), but the unrestored, original condition cockpit of the Ju88D in the USAFM collection is 100% RLM66, floor and all. I've sat in it.

Somewhere in the thread At LSP he does state that the cockpit floor was left in varnished wood for the A-1/C-2, then atfer that the whole cockpit was in 66

Somewhere in the thread At LSP he does state that the cockpit floor was left in varnished wood for the A-1/C-2, then atfer that the whole cockpit was in 66

Yes,as reproduced in the restored aircraft. Whilst I understand Jennings' very sensible caveat regarding restorations not all restorations are equal,the Norwegian Ju88 is certainly 'more equal' than some others. Apologies to Orwell!

Steve

• 1 month later...