Hello allIintend to do the second bird in line on the pic (the sharks mouth) but could not find any info on it via the WWW any info especially serial no's etc will be appreciated.All markings will be painted on using the trusty old airbrush.

Thanks in advance.

Regards:

Shaun

Jugs.jpg

I have three books on the bird mine appears in only one and on only one pic if push comes to shove I will have to use some artistc licence.But will have a look for yours in there and PM you the pics if I come across anything.

Regards:

Shaun

I have three books on the bird mine appears in only one and on only one pic if push comes to shove I will have to use some artistc licence.

May I remind you of Rule 8 in the GB rules? Have fun!

And lets face it, if you use a certain amount of artistic licence in your build because there is a scarcity of references, that same scarcity will mean that no one can say that you are wrong! :D

I'd say go for it! Besides, I wanna see that sharkmouth on a model. It's going to look seriously good. :popcorn:

guy can you help

i have bought this kit for £6.99

but the cheapest decals i can find are £8 for a set of 3 aircraft

can anyone supply me with a 'single aircraft' from a sheet i of course will pay or swap for somthing i just cant see the point of buying a sheet for 1 plane i will never build another

i have a P-47d bubble top

thanks

guy can you help

i have bought this kit for £6.99

but the cheapest decals i can find are £8 for a set of 3 aircraft

can anyone supply me with a 'single aircraft' from a sheet i of course will pay or swap for somthing i just cant see the point of buying a sheet for 1 plane i will never build another

i have a P-47d bubble top

thanks

Mark,

PM inbound

Wez

Just as a way to help P-47 modellers I have an abundance of P-47 decals I probaly won't ever use and most from the Sky Models decals from Italy and in 1/72nd. If anyone on this GB is stuck for a 1/72 finish drop me a line and I'll see if I can help. All of my jugs will be 56th FG.

Are Academy decals really that bad? I bought this kit yesterday and noticed this GB only to find out that everyone says that decals are useless. Kit looks nice and I like both marking options though.

Academy decals are not the best. They need careful handling. The adhesive is very weak and once dry the will lift at the drop of a hat. Any hat, anywhere! Once they are in place, it is best to secure them by flooding an acrylic varnish such as Klear under them.

Oh boy I'm going to enjoy watching this group build!

When does it run till, I may even dive in with one myself.

Hope its a long build as I only just finished this one and I started it a year ago! :D

IMG_65341.JPG

Have fun and feel free to post photos of your builds etc on the P-47 SIG site.

http://p47.kitmaker.net/

Requests for info can also be posted there if thats ok with Mish and the GB leaders.

All the best,

Nige

:pilot:

http://p47.kitmaker.net/

Owner and author of

http://56thfightergroup.co.uk/