Xtrakit Canberra PR9

Well here she starts........A long wait, and as far as I can tell from progress thus far, a great leap forward in terms of accuracy from the old matchbox kit....

The cockpit tub area..the seats are adequate, though I may replace these with Quickboost MB Mk7's - or something from the Aeroclub range. There ain't a lot of room to fit the Ejection Seat in the Navigator's Coal-hole though!!

100_6506.jpg

I've added as much weight as possible in the area between the cockpit and the coal-hole. I used lead foil encased in Milliput.

The instructions suggests adding the weight to the nose cone, though as I will pose this open and I thought there would be too much weight imposed upon a very small "hinged" area...Also added are small plastic card locating tab's.....there's a lot of fuselage to align on his kit....

100_6511.jpg

100_6513.jpg

100_6514.jpg

100_6515.jpg

100_6516.jpg

Not very good!!!! The excessive sink marks in the undercarriage doors and the moulding lug smack bang in the middle of the undercarriage bay!!

GRRRR!!!!

100_6517.jpg

The wheel well's fit on to the fuselage, The wing will simply fit over these (!) This is a good idea IMHO as it aids alignment and acts as a spar.

100_6521.jpg

100_6522.jpg

I hope to get the wings and tail-planes on today...

Can't wait to see this one take shape Bill! Should be a cracker!

Are the panel lines finely rasied? or are they recessed? can't quite tell... That undercarriage bay is a bit of a pain with that lug in the middle, that'll be interesting to try and fix that.

Karl.

Can't wait to see this one take shape Bill! Should be a cracker!

Are the panel lines finely rasied? or are they recessed? can't quite tell... That undercarriage bay is a bit of a pain with that lug in the middle, that'll be interesting to try and fix that.

Karl.

Hi Karl, panel lines are very finelly recessed - they've done a good job on that. As for the wheel bays's - nope! I'm not even going to bother to try to fix them!

Im goin away for a few days, so Im looking forwards to this one Bill. Amazing start so far, as always from you, and once youve finished, I migh have a think if I get another PR9 for the collection, never hurts to have toooooooooooo many Canberras on a ceiling. :worthy:

Bex

Hi Bill

I got my stock yesterday and was looking at it and pulling it apart as I hope to build a few. Am I missing it and going blind, but I cannot see anywhere in the instructions how the nose wheel undercarrige, fits together. I am sure that we can figure it out but it seems to be a bit of an oversight!!

Please let me know if I have missed it.

Ali

Hi Bill

I got my stock yesterday and was looking at it and pulling it apart as I hope to build a few. Am I missing it and going blind, but I cannot see anywhere in the instructions how the nose wheel undercarrige, fits together. I am sure that we can figure it out but it seems to be a bit of an oversight!!

Please let me know if I have missed it.

Ali

Indeed Ali, the instructions do leave a bit to be desired.....interesting thatt he instruction sheet lists the numbers of the parts, yet the sprues do not!!!

Hi Karl, panel lines are very finelly recessed - they've done a good job on that. As for the wheel bays's - nope! I'm not even going to bother to try to fix them!

Ah, that's good then. For a moment I thought that it'd got raised... can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

.....interesting thatt he instruction sheet lists the numbers of the parts, yet the sprues do not!!!

:hypnotised::doh: Well thought out on the instructions side then!

Karl.