HMS Queen Elizabeth 1918 700th

Phil Reeder

It seems as if Trumpeter have pull off one of their "Surprises" by releasing a 700th kit of the QE from 1918.More British Battleships than you shake a stick at!

http://www2.stevenshobby.com:5641/si/ViewP...roductid=434937

and here:

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewt...&t=83102hil

Cheers Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder

Would rather be able to backdate their 1/350 QE to WW1 fitting.

It's not a comprehensive rule of thumb, but Trumpeter seem to be dual releasing most of their Maritime subjects in both 1/350 - 1/700 - certainly not simultaneously, but there is a pattern. Just based on hard-headed observation and not wishful thinking, I'd say it's more likely than not that they'll produce the WWI QE in 1/350 later down the line. I'm well aware the demands would seem to insist on a practically new mould, but we'll see... Have to see if I can find decent images of the camouflage the QE wore during the Dardanelles Campaign.

Edited by The Velociweiler

I see Fleming's Law of Modelling applies here and there!

"Within 3 posts of an announcement of a new kit, someone will have posted that they wish it was done in another scale."

:lol::P:D

I know, never satisfied are we? :D

Very interesting indeed! :hmmm:

Looks like a WW2 period Barham and Malaya might be a possibility - they'll have the basis for the hull moulding at least. They'd have to add the bulges, however.

Either way, great news and it covers a sadly neglected period.

Now, if only Masterbox would hurry up with their 1/700 Koenig's. :whistle:

Mike. :)

I think that they have just realize how many models,they will be able to launch of each ship,from the Queen Elizabeth class battleship,probably 3 at least, thats 15 version in each scale,most had 3 major refits in their lives and weapons upgrades during both wars.Wonderfull news that the first 1/700 is coming out ,wont be long before that jumps up to 1/350

Edited by Chris Hewitt

Although,this kit is not my preferred scale ,I am nonetheless very pleased it`s due to be released.I wonder if Trumpy have seen the reaction to Zvesdas Dreadnought ,and thought WW1 ships would be worth doing.We can only hope that the sales from this encourage them to produce more from that era,either 350th or 700th,or better still both,then everybodys happy .or is that asking too much?

Cheers Phil

OH BUGGER! This is going to cost me a fortune!

The kit

The PE

The hand bag for SWMBO to justify it! Hopefully Trago Mills will have a sale on :tumble:

No more please (especially not a RN carrier!)

Edited by moaning dolphin

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A freind of mine has just rang and he said that he has seen a list of forthcoming releases from Trumpy in the Military Modelling mag ,and he said they are listing a 1918 QE in 350th scale .If this correct I will be a happy bloke ! :yahoo: Has anybody else seen this,please?

Cheers ,Phil

PS ,it seems that this was an error ,the kit number given is that for the 700th version.What a shame!!

Edited by Phil Reeder

• 2 months later...

I picked up both Kits and was presently surprised. They are beautifully detailed. The 250 QE was a big surprise as TRumpy have moulded it with Full Hull Halves plus the Internal Bracing. No more Red Plastic Hull Bottom.....CHeers Mark

100_3768.jpg

• 2 weeks later...