Jetranger II Conversion to Longranger III 1:32 Scale

Hi All

Im currently working on a Revell Jetranger II to convert to a Longranger III in 1:32 scale using the Revell Jetranger.

Well ive started the build,firstly i got hold of some drawings of both Jetranger II and the Longranger III

There is a lot of major work in the fuselage area,namely a 17mm plug to go in to lengthen it.

I am making a Longranger from the Los Angeles Fire Department Air Ops (N306FD)

Well here's the photo's

longranger3012.jpg

longranger3002.jpg

longranger3001.jpg

longranger3009.jpg

longranger3006.jpg

longranger3004.jpg

Hi

Thats some cool add-on. I like the long ranger. Someone had tried doing that once I recall seeing somewhere but I dont recall ever seeing it finished. I am now noticing the funky nose on the model...I have that one ...got to check tomorrow on mine...how did I miss that. Will you be corrcting the nose as well. In any case it a good start.

Oliver

Hi

Thats some cool add-on. I like the long ranger. Someone had tried doing that once I recall seeing somewhere but I dont recall ever seeing it finished. I am now noticing the funky nose on the model...I have that one ...got to check tomorrow on mine...how did I miss that. Will you be corrcting the nose as well. In any case it a good start.

Oliver

Hi Oliver

Yes the nose is slightly wrong,im going to have remake the skids as well and the engine intake area which has to be lenghtened due to bigger and more powerful engine was installed due to increase in weight.

the tail boom has to be modified as well.

Glad your watching

Paul

Hi Oliver

Yes the nose is slightly wrong,im going to have remake the skids as well and the engine intake area which has to be lenghtened due to bigger and more powerful engine was installed due to increase in weight.

the tail boom has to be modified as well.

Glad your watching

Paul

Always like the Jetranger. Los Angeles Police Dept. still has a few so we get to see them everyday over our house. Such a cool helo.

Will watch your progress. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Oliver

Always like the Jetranger. Los Angeles Police Dept. still has a few so we get to see them everyday over our house. Such a cool helo.

Will watch your progress. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Oliver

Hi Oliver

Sure,there is a lot of work but it is mainly with the fuselage and a bit with the tail.

Ive already made a start on the decals.

Paul

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul, stunnig work, good to see someone preapred to tackle a civilian subject. I attempted something similar useing two Heller 50th scale kits, it wouldn't look out of place in a sellection of 48th kits as it isn't the same length as a Jet Range. I can't for the life of me remember what scheme I was going to finishe it in, most likely soemthing military. That's maybe why it isn't finished, yet!

Apologies for hi-jacking you thread.

IMG_0481_zps9e0c65ae.jpg

Thanks Colin

• 7 months later...