F-4 in trainer Markings

Eric2020

This is the model handpainted, but had to be stripped because of it new paint. New scheme will be the F-4 with yellow training markings as used at Luke AFB Arizona. I used Mr. Muscle and have not yety seen phpoto's of the proces of using this. So those who are not familiar with easy paint removal. I add these photo's.

DSC05575.jpg

DSC05576.jpg

The model is now completely covert in Mr. Muscle, and after 2 hours you can see through the substance And using the shower all the paint is gone.

DSC05577.jpg

All the paint is gone, and I let the model dry few days. Than I repair the damage on its wing, and repainting can start.

DSC05578.jpg

DSC05579.jpg

DSC05580.jpg

DSC05582.jpg

Edited by Eric2020

Mr Muscle was the "stripper of choice" at one time,but for the last 18 months there seems to have been a different formula here in UK. It was recomended that we (the collective we) try other oven cleaners. My wife now has a choice of three to use...none of which were worth a w%^& for removing paint.

The Future is now Kleer..Fairy power spray for me.

@ atdb27

It was matter of testing realy. Friend of mine used various methods of stripping paint, one of which was using dishwasser tablets and hot water, resulting in total loss of his model. I have read this method also using water but not too hot and. An other method is using same material and doing it in an freezer but that is where am not fond of with food.

Stripping the paint from your Cat can be dangerous and do not get Mr. Muscle into the cockpit. As long as you keep areas safe from the material. Water inside the cockpit is not damaging paint, but if there are decals used they maid come off. Also keep very small parts safe as they may come off easy too.

@ ancient mariner

I did not know that, but may be there are new formulas at least here I will keep using it. Not everything is for sale here, so have to look for worldwide brand names like Johnsons. :smartass: