revell 1/72 f-16b (4355)...thoughts?

yeehah1

10-12-07

What do you guys think of the Revell kit?

Looks like a nice littel kit with the parts to make a single seater ( although there aren't any single seater options in the decals provided with the kit.

I thought it looked cool...just picked one up from a not-so-local hobby shop.

Liam

Nice nice. But no weapons, only drawback really. You'd also need a canopy for the single seater, wouldn't you?

It's the best 1/72 Viper currently, both the single- and dual-seat versions. Careful tho', there are some old-tool Revell Vipers out there too!

In the B-kit, in addition to lacking decals for a single seater, there's no single-seater canopy either.

:viking:

Hi Martin, I deliberately went out to get that old tool Revell F-16 (kit no.4330 Tigermeet '91) to indulge in a bit of nostalgia! The original issue (in red, white & blue prototype colours) was my first F-16 kit. It still comes with two ground crew, a tow vehicle, tow bar, boarding ladder, a P&W F-100 engine and a trollet/stand for the engine to sit on. This version has been a bit retooled (in 1988) and has also had a sprue added around 1990 for the newer enlarged tail planes and fin, nose cone, ejection seat bell tank and four quite nice Sidewnders. I mainly got it for the ground equipment and any other useful bits to scavenge!

The new ones from Revell are far superior to it, the best in 1/72nd IMHO.

Paul Harrison