A-7

Guest Drewe

Drewe,

Any opinions on what is now the A-7 of choice? HB or Fujimi?

Jim

My opinion? In spite of the reservations over the Hobby Boss nose as noted by others I think the HB kit beats the Fujimi hands down in almost all departments, and looks right to me when completed. I'm not too taken with the Fujimi kit's nose anyway, I think it's too bulbous whereas the charges laid at the HB kit's nose are that its too wide at the cockpit and tapers too sharply to the nose looking wrong in plan. But I'm just going by my gut feeling not comparing to any plans or the like. The fact that HB do the twin-stickers takes the crown for me in no uncertain terms. Gene can probably deconstruct the kit more than I. . I just love A-7's and am happy with an easy building, well detailed kit to hand!

My opinion? In spite of the reservations over the Hobby Boss nose as noted by others I think the HB kit beats the Fujimi hands down in almost all departments,

I just love A-7's and am happy with an easy building, well detailed kit to hand!

This is a good thing to hear, as both m'self and my good friend the Ancient Mariner have had long love-affairs with the little A-7. Now that you've actually built the thing and you seem to have a modicum of modelling talent (that's understatement btw), I can foresee a number of these HobbyBoss kits finding their way into my loft..... Just this last weekend I counted the number of machines I could build from the Microscale sheets I have carefully hoarded - assuming I live another eighty years:

41, yep 41 A-7's in 1:72, that's not counting the spares from the Fujimi A-7's I've built over the years ! - better get busy I s'pose !

Looking forward to seeing this done, Drewe. Keep posting the pics.

Ian