Mirage 2000C

seanrgb

Hi guys

Anyone know which colours the French Air Force Mirage 2000C's are?

I want to do the Grey/Blue camo scheme , on the Revell instructions you have to mix paint

But I'm wondering if any of you have done one using Xtracolor or Humbrol Paints

Cheers

IPMS Stockholm has only a French ww2 paint range for AdA aircrafts.

Never build a Mirage 2000 myself, but I've seen on a French forum a guy that was using XF20 for the grey, and XF18 mixed with X2 for the blue.

The result was very good to me.

Check this link, Sean.

Edited by Antoine

I had loads of problems doing this on my Mirage 4000, most of the colours you see quoted online are wrong - the blue/grey is either too blue or too grey, even supposedly "exact" colours such as Xtracolour - and this is coming from someone who is far, far, far from being an acu-nazi.

Light Ghost Grey for the grey is about right.

The oft-recommended Hu144 Intermediate Blue is far too dark and far too grey. However, lightened with 25% White and 25% Pale Blue I reckon its just about spot-on.

post-2-1134554935.jpg

I nearly bought one to do as a a Saudi Air Force plane but I still haven't finished my F-108 Rapier from them. I had to replace all the missiles with Phoenix missiles from a wrecked Airfix Tomcat (RAF 92 Squadron) due to dodgy moulding .

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

For my 2000C's it took me a long time to decide which colours to use, but finished up using Xtracolor X395 and X603 (FS35177) and for the nose cone Humbrol 64, for 2000C-5 they seem to use a lighter blue-grey which look the same as Xtracolor X396 to use with X395.

Hope this of help

Ian S