Eurofighter Typhoon

seanrgb

Copied from a post on ARC I saved for future reference:

The official colours are as follows:

Overall: BS381C no. 629 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Cockpit is BS381C no. 632 Dark Admiralty Grey.

Leading and trailing edge flap interiors: FS595B 36280 (Slightly lighter than RAF Ocean Grey).

Intake Flap interior: BS381C no. 626 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Intakes (Aft of intake flap - Inside intake ducting): FS595B 26492.

Radome: FS595B 36314 Flint Grey (This is supposedly an FS equivalent to Barley Grey, however looking at the real aircraft it appears to have a slight brownish tint), possibly BS381C no. 626 with a "dash" of Dark Earth

Also of note is the canopy tint, Johnsons Clear with a dash of Tamiya Smoke should be a good match

HTH

Richard

Good Post Richard... will refer back to this one day when I finally do a Tiffie (probably by that time they'll be wearing their retirement schemes! :lol: )

Good Post Richard... will refer back to this one day when I finally do a Tiffie (probably by that time they'll be wearing their retirement schemes! :lol: )

Might be worth pinning it somewhere Mike - it's a question that appears on ARC with almost tidal regularity.

Might be worth pinning it somewhere Mike - it's a question that appears on ARC with almost tidal regularity.

Good plan... Richard - as you were the original poster, would you start a new thread with a suitably explanatory title, and I'll pin it for you. That way you will be immortalised on the site, and people will say your name in hushed tones long after your fatal yachting accident on the highstreet one morning. "Now THERE was a modeller for the people". :)

yeah... too much caffeine in my energy drink :wacko:

We should have a sticky for explaining paint schemes for most modern British subjects, can knock up a few photos of the different schemes if you want as well...don't see why we should restrict it to the Eurofighter, when theres Tornados, Harriers, Jags, and Hawks out there too! :)

We should have a sticky for explaining paint schemes for most modern British subjects, can knock up a few photos of the different schemes if you want as well...don't see why we should restrict it to the Eurofighter, when theres Tornados, Harriers, Jags, and Hawks out there too! :)

Go for it Will... the more resources we have, the better this place will get! If we build it... they will come ;)

Good plan... Richard - as you were the original poster, would you start a new thread with a suitably explanatory title, and I'll pin it for you. That way you will be immortalised on the site, and people will say your name in hushed tones long after your fatal yachting accident on the highstreet one morning. "Now THERE was a modeller for the people". :)

yeah... too much caffeine in my energy drink :wacko:

Mike: done it, however, I suspect my claim for immortality is based solely on the ability to copy someone else's post and paste it into a Word document, then remember where I've stored it. But hey - lots of people think they deserve immortality for a lot less..... :whistling:

How about we scan the painting guides from the models we make & post them in a reference section?

Just a idea.

How about we scan the painting guides from the models we make & post them in a reference section?

Just a idea.

Might have a copyright problem there Spike... colors & paint refs shouldn't be a problem though :thumbsup:

I used Medium Sea Grey for my radome and I reckon it looks close enough. The colour varies from photo to photo anyway.

And the reason the question is asked so often is cos of Revell's ridiculous painting guides!

Great idea

sorry to change the subject , but spike that Tornado looks great in that scheme on your sig

is there a decal set for that ??

The was once as when they came out,a few sets were sent to the Squadron & I got a set.But the wings on the one in my sig block are wrong.They were panelled white with black zig-zags from the leading edge to the flaps.

like this;

RM-08206_01_lrg.gif

Copied from a post on ARC I saved for future reference:

The official colours are as follows:

Overall: BS381C no. 629 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Cockpit is BS381C no. 632 Dark Admiralty Grey.

Leading and trailing edge flap interiors: FS595B 36280 (Slightly lighter than RAF Ocean Grey).

Intake Flap interior: BS381C no. 626 Camouflage (Barley) Grey.

Intakes (Aft of intake flap - Inside intake ducting): FS595B 26492.

Radome: FS595B 36314 Flint Grey (This is supposedly an FS equivalent to Barley Grey, however looking at the real aircraft it appears to have a slight brownish tint), possibly BS381C no. 626 with a "dash" of Dark Earth

Also of note is the canopy tint, Johnsons Clear with a dash of Tamiya Smoke should be a good match

HTH

Richard

To give credit to the originator, this came from Rob Monfea, who works at BAESYSTEMS at Warton and was first posted by him on the IPMS UK forum.

It was then posted in various other forums, usually by me!!