1/48th B1-B GB maybe, but then look what happened.

rob

Saw this GB and thought "I know, i'll dig that 1/48th Bone out of the loft an have a go"............

Then look what happened..........

Someone else took a liking to it........

This is the Chica special edition.

67906de9.jpg

I'm going to build it all tucked up, wings all the way back in high speed mode, assuming I can evict Chica that is....

Is that raised detail on there??

Hell yeah, none of ya wimpy recessed detailing on this baby!! You want recessed? That's why God gave us scribing tools!! :lol: Not that I'd fancy scribing something the size of a small European country!

Hell yeah, none of ya wimpy recessed detailing on this baby!! You want recessed? That's why God gave us scribing tools!! :lol: Not that I'd fancy scribing something the size of a small European country!

I just realised mine has raised panel lines too! I decided to live with it. Just slap loads of paint on and no one will notice. lol.

Is that raised detail on there??

No it's all very nicely recessed detailing, but after some research apparently a lot is going to vanish as this kit has major fit issues....

Well I taped the fuselage components together to test fit, contrary to popular myth it's not too bad, but i'm glad i've got a fresh tube of filler! ;)

But thw B1-B in 48th isn't small is it? and yes that's an A1 cutting mat...........

6d4b1c46.jpg

I had one of these, but then I had a "Let's be honest" moment, so I've just sold mine. Good luck mate! Apparently it's the engine pods which need the full tube of filler. I look forward to progress :)

I recall from around a thousand years ago, one of these things on the competition tables (deliberate use of the plural) at the Nationals. Painted in the then new Euro 1 scheme and with one of the rear seats extended out on its rails to sit above the fuselage. It was jaw droppingly huge then, and on the rare occassions that I see one finished now, it is still a massively impressive model.

Good luck Rob. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ian

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys, sorry about the no show for a while, but i've hangared the Bone as i've not been too well of late.

I'll wait until the next round of GBs and take on a smaller project, just so I can get back into the swing of things.

Regards Rob..