Airfix Artist Adam Tooby - Aviation Prints now on sale

bombs away

Hi To everyone here on the Britmodeller,

Over that last couple of years a lot of people have been very kind and supportive of the work that I have done with the Airfix brand. In this time I have has several requests as to ' is there any artwork for sale' and have always indicate that in the near future some would become available.

Since the start of the year I have been setting up a new Company which now sells aviation artwork from aviation classics magazine.

We have produced a series of artworks that have been published in the magazine and are now available to purchase. Classic aircraft such as the F86 sabre, mosquito and harrier have been faithfully reproduced in new artworks . Over the next year there will be further artworks added every two months on some of aviation's most famous aircraft.

Our Prints are A2 in size - ( 59.4 x 42 cm - 23.4 x 16.5 inches) . The Prints are on a heavyweight 285 gsm cotton based fine art paper printed with a 12 colour process for a flawless reproduction. Each print is limited to 1000 and are individually numbered by myself.

The new company is called finest hour art and can be found at www.finesthourart.com www.finesthourart.com

We value all feedback and comments so please feel free to do so in this thread.

Many thanks

Adam tooby and Nicola you

Edited by bombs away
  • Like 1

Hi,

Yes they are renders of 3D models I have built.

Ah cool, good to see someone doing this right for a change. A lot of 3D renders I see are technically very good but artistically they leave a lot to be desired especially in composition, you seem to have got that nailed :)

• Like 1

Hi Lieuwe,

Thankyou - I am a traditionally trained Technical illustrator and artist - When I started out the computer was just capable of doing lettering. As for composition I always go back to tradional artistic methods in my thinking - I always try to capture the emotion and drama of the scene thats being created.

thankyou to everyone else for their kind words to. :)

• Like 1

As of the end of September there will be two more prints available both on the wonderful F4U Corsair - I'll post further details once they are completed. If anyone has any further question please just ask - I am planning in the near future the Lancaster, spitfire, 109E - fFand G variants along with the Stuka and some more of the uncommon subjects.

all the best,

Adam

:)

hi,

I create them in 3D studio - then I paint all the textures in photoshop - no photo's all created from scratch. I use Vue for the backgrounds. All models are built from GA drawings and a lot of photo ref! I'm always dragging the family to air museums for more reference ;) !

But I guess I'm not the only one here that does that to!

• Like 2

Wow! I didn't realise these were from 3D models you build yourself .

I've dabbled in Blender sufficient to produce basic models for my art work but never imagined producing anything as accurate & detailed yet still artistic as these renders.

Edited by NeilF92

hi,

I create them in 3D studio - then I paint all the textures in photoshop - no photo's all created from scratch.

I do the same for my profile drawings, to each his own but to me using photographs for say ejection seats etc. just doesn't feel right. Also, though I may curse doing them continuously, I secretly enjoy drawing all the fiddly bits!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

there are 3 new artworks on the finest hour art site of the F4U corsair,

the death rattlers,

the checkerboarders

The polkadots.

have a look in the Aviation classics gallery to see more.

We have also reduced the costs of aslo the artwork to £34.95 for the run upto Christmas.

Many thanks!

Adam

• 3 weeks later...