Hasas 1/32 Nakajima Ki 84 Hayate Fighter

Hi Peter,

This was the first engine I have ever wired and it was very simple.

First I drilled the ignition ring where the ignition wires run from, then I drilled out the spark plugs front and read. Next I CA glued some sleeving from some thin wire into the cylinders to represent spark plugs, then I run some 0.4mm lead wire from the 'spark plugs to the ignition ring.

It really is as simple as that.

Hi Peter,

This was the first engine I have ever wired and it was very simple.

First I drilled the ignition ring where the ignition wires run from, then I drilled out the spark plugs front and read. Next I CA glued some sleeving from some thin wire into the cylinders to represent spark plugs, then I run some 0.4mm lead wire from the 'spark plugs to the ignition ring.

It really is as simple as that.

Hi Mish, thank you very much for your help, will try do do it on the next Kit !! Peter

Is there anything I could teach you Pierre?

Nice engine. I especially like the crankcase painting. Dirt, grease and scratches - perfect. I've been forgetting that brown grease personally, and it does make a difference.

Hi Don ! yes there is somethig to teach me.... a little bit more of patience !!!!

anyway, if you ever stay in Switzerland you are welcome in my house !! Peter

Hi Don ! yes there is somethig to teach me.... a little bit more of patience !!!!

anyway, if you ever stay in Switzerland you are welcome in my house !! Peter

I'd love to see Switzerland one day. I will make a note of your invitation. You are welcome here also, though you may find the Derbyshire hills a little tame!

Hi Folks, after priming, engraving, sanding and washing my model , the lady is ready for the make up ...

Ki84Step5009.jpg

nearly finished the underside using Gunzes Mr Color Japanese Aircraft grey-green Nr 128

the first layer i use was a darker color as the Basic Color, so i can more and more work out the lihgts and the shadows on the plane brighten up

the Base Color.

Ki84Step5011.jpg

Cheers Peter

Hi all

just finished the Base Color of the upperside of my model !!

Colors used :

Base Coat Coat : Gunze 304 Olive Drab FS 34087 darkened with Gunze 77 Tyre Black

Shadows : Gunze 77 Tyre Black

Light : Gunze 304 Olive Drab with Vallejos 35 Light Brown and 33 Vallejo Ochre

Ki84Step6002.jpg

Ki84Step6004.jpg

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

the painting of a model is always the magic moment for me, the plastic comes to live !! for the first time i used

Gunze Acryl and Gunze Mr Color Enamels and must say the looking great ! The Hinomarus were sprayed with the

help of some Montex masks !!

Hope you like it

Peter

Ki84Step7002.jpg

Ki84Step7004.jpg

Wow! What a transformation. The Hinomaru are brilliant with the pre-shading. They really look like blood. Painted markings are so much better than decals aren't they? I think I might send off for some Frisk film and do some more experimenting with this.

Wow! What a transformation. The Hinomaru are brilliant with the pre-shading. They really look like blood. Painted markings are so much better than decals aren't they? I think I might send off for some Frisk film and do some more experimenting with this.

Hi Don

Yes i agree with you, the painted markings looks much more lifelike and realistic in comparison with Decals !!

Regards Peter

beautiful looking model, cannot wait to see it finished.

Hi Moofles,

thanks a lot for your kind words. Sad to say that you must wait to the finished model a little bit, because

i will enjoy my holidays in Greece next week !!

Cheers Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Don, Andy , Chris and Cliff !!

Thank you yery much for watching and your words !! It is done and the result is finally ok for me !!

think i will finish the model till the end of next week !!

A little appetizer from the IPMS Swiss Nationals in Basel this weekend just for you !!

Basel2011024.jpg

will share more pics of this event next week !!

Kind regards Peter

Hi Folks,

after 3 fine layers of Erdal Clear i just finished the setting of the Topside Decals.

as you can see the color of the Decals is darker as the indicated color i sprayed with the Airbrush.

there are to ways to go, i spray the correct color or i lrt it like it is ! Whats your opinion ??

Peter

Step10001.jpg