Another Mosquito

desmojen

Glad the mossie landed in time, Jen, looking way good so far, much nicer than sat on the shelf, looking forward to seeing this finished. Fab idea with the blue black mix. I read somewhere that Tamiya purple or flesh was also good for lightening black without achieving a grey colour.

Keep an eye out for the Harrier, it's next up after the Crusader tank thing.

Russ

Double oooooh!

More please, don't ya just love Mozzies.......I'm getting inspired here, something to distract me from the impending Canberras!

And what better than the Canberras forerunner.

Nice one Jen.

Well, it's finished now :-D

But guess what, no piccies till the weekend :lol:

I'll pop one or two detail ones on though. Having asked about the bombs I pretty much went with what Paul Bradley suggested. I tried flicking spots on them which he pulled off beautifully on his, but I couldn't quite get it to work. So what you see here is a bunch of layers of washes, pastels and MIG dust. I think it looks quite cool.

292513278.jpg

I stayed with the OOB theme but I did add some brake lines to the undercarriage legs, even if they are virtually invisible now. I also played around with some shading on the exhausts, mainly because I knew they were going to end up invisibly hidden behind the cowly things. Here's one of the exhaust before I fitted the duct.

292513260.jpg

I just have to add the wingtip lights which I'll do tomorrow, and then nip round and touch up here and there, then I'll give it a bit of a clean.

Pics will be up at the weekend gents.

Jen.

Well, it's finished now :-D

But guess what, no piccies till the weekend :lol:

I'll pop one or two detail ones on though. Having asked about the bombs I pretty much went with what Paul Bradley suggested. I tried flicking spots on them which he pulled off beautifully on his, but I couldn't quite get it to work. So what you see here is a bunch of layers of washes, pastels and MIG dust. I think it looks quite cool.

292513278.jpg

I stayed with the OOB theme but I did add some brake lines to the undercarriage legs, even if they are virtually invisible now. I also played around with some shading on the exhausts, mainly because I knew they were going to end up invisibly hidden behind the cowly things. Here's one of the exhaust before I fitted the duct.

292513260.jpg

I just have to add the wingtip lights which I'll do tomorrow, and then nip round and touch up here and there, then I'll give it a bit of a clean.

Pics will be up at the weekend gents.

Jen.

Great stuff Jen