Are they mad on EBay or What??

Jon Freeman

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=006

Crazy or what? :gobsmacked::hypnotised:

I don't mind £20-£25 but £41 still with a day to go....

As we say up here..."Av a word wi thi sens yer daft gets"

Jon

John, I watched a 1/48 Frightning go for £38 the other day on Devil Bay, but that for a Tornado??? They are MAD :yikes:

Bex

I think us acquisitive BMers have caused a run on 1:48 ADV Tornados, and they're getting scarce... Looks like that's what the market will bear, as the last one I was watching went for in excess of £50!!! :shocked:

:hypnotised:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=006

Crazy or what? :gobsmacked:

I don't mind £20-£25 but £41 still with a day to go....

As we say up here..."Av a word wi thi sens yer daft gets"

Jon

:hypnotised:

You only need two daft sod's and you have a bidding auction on your hands. Just like those two last year with the £200 + for the C Scale PR. 9 parts.

It takes all sorts, makes me wonder are the bidders modellers or collectors?

That's my two penny's worth

Jeff

I think us acquisitive BMers have caused a run on 1:48 ADV Tornados, and they're getting scarce... Looks like that's what the market will bear, as the last one I was watching went for in excess of £50!!! :shocked:

For £50 I'd want someone to make the bloody thing for me!

I wish I hadn't started mine now! It's in bits in the box after the canopy got eaten by spray paint! I could do with an extra £41, that would pay for a nice Freightdog P1154 with some change left.

For £50 I'd want someone to make the bloody thing for me!

Amen. Seems a bit steep to me - alright thats cr@p... It is f**king outrageous, I'll just come out and impolitely say it.

I've heard about a fool and his money... well, it seems that very fool of legend is alive and well on eBay.

Also, note the MOST misused word on eBay in the description: RARE

Have a bit of fun. Search the word "rare" on eBay and see what sort of garbage is being pushed off on bidders. I once had a bloke tell me that as long as they are too stupid to know, then what of it if he calls something rare?

It went for £47......

Now I don't want to get all conspiratorial but i do think it is odd that just as that one sold another one popped up on ebay. Funny how there only ever seems to be one for sale on ebay at any one time.....

Now I don't want to get all conspiratorial but i do think it is odd that just as that one sold another one popped up on ebay.

I think that's because people owning the same kit see the £ signs and assume they could get the same deal....doesn't always work that way though.

Oh well, just wait until the Nimrod saga begins...

"Extremely rare, limited edition kit, buy it now - your only chance to ever own this kit, a bargain, bids starting at eighty quid, oh yeah, I picked-up my twenty samples at forty quid a go. Build one? Nah, I'm not a modeller"...

Ebay's a scream!

I just won another Airfix Lightning for $24.00 shipped to me here in Arizona. I thought they were hard to get??

Mike,

My (not so) local LHS has a dozen of the 1/48 Airfix Lightning F2A/F6 in stock - neither rare or hard to get methinks :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Notdoneyet

Mike,

My (not so) local LHS has a dozen of the 1/48 Airfix Lightning F2A/F6 in stock - neither rare or hard to get methinks :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Ian

Watch out for that word: "RARE". Plastic kits by the major players are made by the gazillions...

Have to say I can't see the issue here. I don't want an F3 enough to pay that for it - in fact I've an Airfix one to sell, PM me with an offer if interested - but if someone's daft enough to bid it up to these prices then (as my Father used to say) that's their look-out.

Especially as experience shows that there's a fair chance that Italeri will release it again at some stage. Personally, I would not have bet on seeing the 1:72 Me 323 ever again, but there it was the other day in my local Hobbycraft, large as (1:72) life.

:2c:

Mike,

Cheers,

Ian

Ian - might I suggest a dawn raid on said shop, buy up the lot, ship them over here, where they possibly are rare (Some Yanks & Cannucks don't like Lightning, would you believe? :shocked: ). Then we'll split the difference with you ;)

Ian - might I suggest a dawn raid on said shop, buy up the lot, ship them over here, where they possibly are rare (Some Yanks & Cannucks don't like Lightning, would you believe? :shocked: ). Then we'll split the difference with you ;)

Mike,

Less my "finders fee" that would leave you with 1% of the profits and me with 99% - I think we have a deal :winkgrin:

Cheers,

Ian

It's not just the Italeri Tornado F.3 going for silly money. An Airwaves GR.4 conversion went for £19.00 the other day.

Stephen

I guess since people cant afford gas, or petrol or whatever it's called, they figure its alright to get spendy on a kit?

We had the same insanity in the US eBay some months ago, with some completely-out-of-touch-with-reality bidders buying Revell 1/32 Me-110 kits for well over $100 each.

Yikes!

Yes, you guessed it. Immediately thereafter a bunch of 1/32 Me-110 kits appeared on ebay but sold for the normal prices.

I am not qualified to comment on why people bid crazy high prices for common items that appear on ebay.

I just believe that the world is full of people who simply will not research what they are buying.

Why do you think so many people get taken on ponzi schemes and the like?

No, I will not admit how much I spent on an ID models 1/32 Sunderland kit. I wanted it so I bid high and hard for it and dammit no one was going to get that but me. So I got it and paid for it. Its mine! All mine! Nyah hah hah hah. :mental: