Group Build Chat

Thanks to you all for participating in the GB. I've not had the time to be as active as I wanted, but I have tried to check in as often as I could.

Didn't finish anything myself, but in my defence, all modelling done since the GB started has been on on topic models. :)

Again, thanks to all, finished entries or not.

/Magnus

All I seem to be builing at present and in the near future are GB models :) Not complaining mind, at least it gives me focus, but there are things in my stash I'd love to start, but currently I'm in the SF GB, Mustang GB, Angel Interceptor GB on another board and trying to resist joining another 2 GBs on other forums!!!

Anyway I enjoyed my build for this GB - it started me off on a quest to find out more about my Father's wartime record. As it turns out he was attached to 81 Sqn, which was a rival to 152 Sqn which was the plane I built - oops! So now the plan for the New Year is to get a Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk VIII and build that as an 81 Sqn in Burma. I'm hoping to make something special out of that!

So now the plan for the New Year is to get a Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk VIII and build that as an 81 Sqn in Burma

Funny, that's what I'm planning also for an 1/48 Spit VIII.

"Babe" Whitamore's aircraft.

About the GB, there's at least one thing that I regret, and it's that I started a bit late, and was really able to get some work done very late.

In doing this I've missed most of the other topics, most of the fun, and most of the "experience sharing" time, as most of the build were started and finished quite early.

I have mixed feelings about this build, which i added 4 projects too.

There were some really friendly folks whom i liked, including the site Admin Mike and moderator Mish who helped sort out some rather rude fellows, as well as getting PMs from a mentally deranged though talented builder i found rather insulting that i let go.

I'd like to again thank Jason for helping me get my spitfire banner sorted out, and all the people who posted encouraging things about my not always great projects. ;)

To me the joy is the build and seeing it finished, in my opinion no build is bad that someone cared about and put an effort into.

I was really impressed with many of the fantastic builds and talented builders who did such wonderful projects, and the diverse subjects, planes, ships and even armor.

This build was a fitting tribute to the 70th aniversary of the start of the pacific war, and I salute all who took part and still care about the greatest generation and their fight to make the world a better place.

It's over! Thanks and good job to everyone who took part. There were 34 completed builds. I will be putting up two polls: "Aircraft" and "Ships & Armour", so get voting.

If anyone who hasn't finished would like to continue there build thread in here then that's fine, otherwise please ask one of the mods to move your thread into WIP.

All the best,

Jason :)

What is the ratio between build planned/build started/build finished?

There are 56 Build threats started in the GB, with 34 finished builds in the gallery.