TUCANO GREY SCHEME

PA18

Saw it up close at the Kemble airshow, it's aluminium finish all right. Not too shiny, which is why it looks grey in photos.

Saw it up close at the Kemble airshow, it's aluminium finish all right. Not too shiny, which is why it looks grey in photos.

Thanks a lot for your information.

I' try to do my best on my Airfix 1/72 Tucano.

My preferences are for the tariners in 1/72.

Cheers

PA18

Yes it's a dull aluminium finish which shows all the panel lines when the sun shines at the rights angles!

It appears to based on the old finish of the trainer of the 50's-Vampire,Meteor, Chipmunk ETC

Tucano2-1.jpg

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

That's very kind of you. This is actually quite an easy scheme to paint. I know that my model isn't 100% acurate, but I enjoy the occasional challenge and this one was done in just a few days.

This photo should show the paint scheme a little better for you:

397560877.jpg

Edited by techniquest

That's very kind of you. This is actually quite an easy scheme to paint. I know that my model isn't 100% acurate, but I enjoy the occasional challenge and this one was done in just a few days.

This photo should show the paint scheme a little better for you:

397560877.jpg

Which kind of paint did you use?

I was wondering paint it with Testor's Acrylic and an acrylic aluminium from Warhammer.

It's straight-out-of-the-tin Humbrol and Xtracolor; hand painted. The main colour was Xtracolor 'natural steel' but I guess Warhammer aluminium would do the job just as well. :)

I was afraid that white color will go "yellowish" after some time, so I'm trying to use acrylics, as i said.

In my local hobby shop didn't find Testor's aluminium acrylics, but there was Warhammer aluminium.

On other hand Humbrol 130, white is said is free from the "yellowish" look.

Thanks for your answer.

PAa8

I got a couple of pics of this at the Waddington departures day if they help.

028.jpg

028.jpg

And here's a couple more shots of the Tucano at the Waddington IAS in sunshine showing how the aluminium scheme changes in different light.

canon56-11513d1.jpg

canon56-12399a1.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

Mark