Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker- Ukrainian Air Force

Evening all,

Been a while since I posted a finished build here, so though I'd share the latest off the bench. It's the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa kit, with the additions on an Eduard zoom set in the cockpit, and Aires exhausts. Finished in the markings of the Ukrainian display jet, which I saw fly at RIAT 96, 97 and 99 B)

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed :thumbsup:

Cheers

Shaun :)

• Like 2

Shaun, nice work. I was just resently in the Ukraine at Mirogrod airbase and saw their jets. I made a comment to one of my buddies that if built a model of one or most of their aircraft no one would believe how weathered most of them are. Most darn near looked like decoys they were so beat up. They did have a couple with newer paint jobs. great build, thanks for sharing.

Rod

Great Flanker! I love the camo and the stripes really make it stand out. Love it. :speak_cool:

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Superb job! Looks like a great kit when finished & love the photography.

Did it go together well & does it need re-scribing?

Martin

Hi Martin, the kit went together pretty well. I needed to some filling and sanding around the intake/fuselage joins, and the fins and tailplanes weren't a spectacular fit, but otherwise it was fine. No scribing needed, it's all recessed surface detail :)

• 5 years later...