B-57 OOB 1/48 airfix

Mark M

well i said i wasnt going to enter, but out of coincidence i started this about 14days ago to get the mojo going, i hope its ok to enter

anyway heres the boxing

52ab293d5b974ddf41f551caf196.jpg

heres the scheme

Airfix-1-48-B-57-21.jpg

this builds up fast and thanks to acrylic paints that dry quick !

c4.jpg

the kit calls for 100g of weight but i decided on 125g just in case

c2.jpg

it has to fit around here

now i was going to build it with the bomb bay cloased, so there i am plodding away i install the bay with super glue put the furerlage together and

c1-1.jpg

realise 2 things

1. its a rotary bomb bay and now ive glued it open

2. ive dropped some lead on the floor and cant get it in - so the plan now is to put the wieght through the wing join slits before i join the wings

c5.jpg

not bad for 2 hrs work, even with the mistakes

first wing on, but look at that gap, i need more filler

DSCF2585.jpg

wings on and filled with white stuff, still need fileing down and a compareson with a 1/48 hawk to show the size of here shes massive!

DSCF2594.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2595.jpg

well ive been playing with the new airbrush (its fab by the way) and mixing my own paint (zinc chromate)

DSCF2603.jpg

DSCF2602.jpg

DSCF2601.jpg

DSCF2600.jpg

ok black on...

DSCF2606.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

well thats it im about to get on with the decaling

looking good, Mark. It's good to see one of these being built, I've got one in the stash, and intend building it in the scheme you've chosen.

I'm beginning to think it will have to be my first airbrushed model- all that black, all that surface area...

Quick work Mark, well done. Black is striking scheme but such a tricky colour to photograph isn't it? It's a shame because I'd like to see your jet more clearly. I see blutac on the nose gear; did she end up a tail-sitter as a result of that escaping piece of lead? If so, bad luck! Please be patient, it's going to take me a little while to catch up. lol.