SEPECAT JAGUAR A

here is a jaguar that i am restoring.the panles had been rescribed,little scratchbuilding in the cockpit and the top camo is sprayed,only needs to fix up some areas of the camo today :) and here is the bird that i am building :)

Man, when you rescribe lines you really dig into your work! Im watching this one with intent as I am wating for a 1/72 Jag for the GB here and on FSM. It looks pretty nice, so far. What's your source for markings and photos.

Man, when you rescribe lines you really dig into your work! Im watching this one with intent as I am wating for a 1/72 Jag for the GB here and on FSM. It looks pretty nice, so far. What's your source for markings and photos.

the markings are from hi decal line 1:72 jaguar a sheet,and photos are some profiles i found on wings pallete and this site

http://sepecat.info/b/page/3/

the markings are from hi decal line 1:72 jaguar a sheet,and photos are some profiles i found on wings pallete and this site

http://sepecat.info/b/page/3/

Well, Im planning to do a Snow Jag, in winter coat depicting Norway deploy. That would just be white with NATO green - nice easy paint job! 41 Sq. would be good, since they have a lot of winter paint scheme pics on their site. I'd like to depict the squadron badge on the intake trunk,too, as many of the photos show this.

I imagine that at least a few of the Jags make a show stop or two somewhere along the line during deployment. Why else would the badge be prominently displayed on the trunk, if the planes were just going to fly around in the snow with the Norski's?. So I;d like to show that.

Would you know where to get some of their Cross of Lorraine, 41 Sq fuselage badges in 1/72?

Edited by dahut

Well, Im planning to do a Snow Jag, in winter coat depicting Norway deploy. That would just be white with NATO green - nice easy paint job! 41 Sq. would be good, since they have a lot of winter paint scheme pics on their site. I'd like to depict the squadron badge on the intake trunk,too, as many of the photos show this.

I imagine that at least a few of the Jags make a show stop or two somewhere along the line during deployment. Why else would the badge be prominently displayed on the trunk, if the planes were just going to fly around in the snow with the Norski's?. So I;d like to show that.

Would you know where to get some of their Cross of Lorraine, 41 Sq fuselage badges in 1/72?

well i cant wait to see your jag but nato planes are not my subject,i mostly build russian planes but i had to make a jag :)so i have no idea about the badge

I've learend another snag on all this Jaguar business - this time it's on a good way. Most of the pics of 41 Sq. Jags show them in green/white camo.

On the other hand, most of the pics of 54 Sq. show them with grey/white camo.

This opens more doors! Now I can do EITHER a 54 or 41 Sq Jag, depending on what decals I scan scurry up. How cool is that??

SO now I gotta re-ask my question:

Where can I get EITHER 41 OR 54 Sq badges in 1/72 scale?

I've learend another snag on all this Jaguar business - this time it's on a good way. Most of the pics of 41 Sq. Jags show them in green/white camo.

On the other hand, most of the pics of 54 Sq. show them with grey/white camo.

I presume that's because of time difference between them - 41 would have been a white distemper over the wrap round Green/Grey scheme whereas the Jag scheme had changed to all over Grey by the time 54 wore the arctoc scheme in 2005.

here are the undersides painted in MM aluminium.

jaguar-11.jpg

Dont you enjoy the way aluminum paint flows the details together and makes everything "pop?"

due to some excess of spare time(no exams till february) i decided to finihs this jag this week.today i had put the decals on and sprayed it in pronto,then put on a light wash with rotring ink + liquid soap and then sprayed in MM mat coat,the work left is ony 10% till finishing this one :) tommorow i will glue the landing gear bay doors and sray the fuel tanks :)hope u like it

JAGUAR-17.jpg

JAGUAR-18.jpg

jaguar-19.jpg

jaguar-20.jpg

jaguar-21.jpg

due to some excess of spare time(no exams till february) i decided to finish this jag.... hope u like it

Indeed I do. I am doing a 1/72 Winter Jag for the GB - if it ever arrives. It will be mostly OOB; well, as much as I can do ANYTHING OOB. I will surely find something to augment...

Nonetheless, I am filing your pics on this build as reference, so I appreciate it and might add youre doing a cracking nice job of it. It's a wonder that it is a salvage project.

Edited by dahut