victor kits?

mrvr6

can either the revell or matchbox voitors be made antiflash white straight from the box?

No.

Anti-flash white was applied to B1s and B2s when they held the nuclear deterrent role. The kits are of K2 Tanker versions which were modified from B2s. However, the principal differences are that the bombers obviously did not have the bulge on the lower fuselage where the centre-line hose-drum unit ( HDU ) appears on the tanker, so you need to remove and fair over that; and the tankers had a reduced wingspan, so you would need to extend the wingspan on the kit to be wholly accurate. You then have loads of detailed differences - such as the tanker kits are moulded with the belly panel lines for a tanker - but the bombers had a single long bomb bay with folding doors which ran the entire length of the bomb bay - so its either remove the kit lines and re-scribe or get the conversion currently available from, I think, Model Alliance, which includes bomb doors to modify the kit fuselage including removal of the HDU, and the wing tips.

Thereafter, there are masses of differences depending on when your model is depicting, such as the presence, or not, of the "Kuchemann Carrots" - the fairings extending back from the trailing edges of the wings. Some B2s had them, some early ones did not. Then, if you want a Blue Steel carrier, then there is a mass of differences including a heat exchanger on the left hand side of the fuselage just beneath the wing root; and different tailcones.

Its a minefield.

Edited by SPerx

So just go for it. Do a a late production, pre- grey/green camouflage B2 free-fall bomber and you are just left with bomb bay correction and extending the wingtips. PM me and I may be able to help with that.................

Edited by SPerx

I am no great shakes as a modeller - here is my early B2.

VictorB2_Display_01.jpg

Just go for it.

Edited by SPerx

I am no great shakes as a modeller - here is my early B2.

Nice one Sperx,

Mrvr6, If you don't build it, I'm gonna have to do one of my own. Especially now the Valliant's here. And another Vulcan of course. And I haven't got the space!