LOTUS 49 Goldleaf 1968 Tamiya 1/12

Ok, just a quick preview, seen as you've supported this all the way Warren, Mark I will bring you a cushion! LOL

I will get some decent images shot in the next few days but for now, here she is.

Cheers Mac

4GQ_6308.jpg

4GQ_6313.jpg

4GQ_6312.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
It looks stunning, it's been a joy to follow this build.

Thanks Ant,

sorry for the delay in posting the RFI pictures yet, unfortunately I am have serious internet issues & loading images is near impossible, :mg: take that on your island Mr. B! Should be sorted in a day or three, so I will get a decent set on then.

Cheers Mac

• 7 months later...

Here we are some months later and I just ran into your build. What an education! I had just ordered a 1/20th lotus 25 and was looking up F1 lotus references... I built this kit way back when...and made a right man-vegetables of it. Not sure I could do it justice now! Now if only Tamiya wouls turn out a 1/12 Birdcage Maserati......

Hi,

Stunning, awesome, brilliant, speechless.... GREAT work!

Greatly enhanced build compared to the original TAMIYA kit!

Bravo

Pascal :pilot:

Edited by pg265
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just sat through the movie "1: Life on the Limit" and quickly Googled the Lotus 49 in 1/12th and found the thread again. It deserves a 'Bump' to the top again Mac, stunning work!

• Like 1

I have just sat through the movie "1: Life on the Limit" and quickly Googled the Lotus 49 in 1/12th and found the thread again. It deserves a 'Bump' to the top again Mac, stunning work!

Cheers for that Mark, last year I was very humbled when she took best in show at the Northern Model show, Newcastle. Part of the Honour goes to all who helped with info & encouraged me with lovely comments in the build thread.

Mac

• 6 months later...