1/32nd Trumpeter Harrier

Shaun

Got the Harrier GR7 release last week and have been looking at what is out there for after market updates.

What sets/items do you think are worth adding to spruce the kit up?

The Aires Wheel bay and Cockpit sets look good, but the Harrier GR7 Cockpit has yet to be released.

Does anyone produce a set of 1/32nd BOL rails?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Don't think so , yet , bet bet might to be nice to someome with the black Knights boxing of the Tamiya F-14, that had BOL rails in it , and I Think , stress think, that there were 4 in a box , when you only needed two ...

As for the rest of the resin tweakes, I'm patiently waiting for Aires to get started !

Edited by colin ritchie

Hi Shaun, all,

a couple of BOL launchers in 1/32nd for the GR.7/9's kit will be cast soon from this:

GR79_50.jpg

GR79_51.jpg

GR79_52.jpg

These pieces are part of a detail set that will includes the followings:

• New ventral strakes
  • New ventral pylon for targeting pod
  • New centerline pylon
  • New wing pylons for Air-to-Air missile
  • New "frog-eye" airscoops
  • New ventral chaff launcher box
  • New LAU launchers for AIM-9L/M
  • New BOL launchers for AIM-9L/M

This set will be cast this week, the mould is already done. I don't know how many resin copies will be available.

We are considering also if a 100% LERX set could be useful as for a new GR.5's nose, depends on what decal sheets will be available on the market.

GR79_43.jpg

I'll keep you update as soon as the resin parts will be ready.

CIAO!

Piero

Great news Piero, I'd be intrested in a set if you produce a few.

You may want to add a GPS dome to update the GR7 kit?

Do you think someone will bring out a set of resin wheels for the kit?

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

You pay £80 on a 1/32 Harrier, and then need or want to pay for after market accessories on top? I can understand paying £20 for a 1/32 Hawk, and then paying for a few extra goodies, but surely any 1/32 kit costing £80 should have all you need for an exemplary OOB build?

You pay £80 on a 1/32 Harrier, and then need or want to pay for after market accessories on top? I can understand paying £20 for a 1/32 Hawk, and then paying for a few extra goodies, but surely any 1/32 kit costing £80 should have all you need for an exemplary OOB build?
Personal choice i guess. .You can make a model however you wish and add what you wish to.

What he said, if someone wants to pay £80, then more ontop to suit their needs then so be it lol It's like buying a car for 5k and spending 10k on it, Loads do it!

The parts look good to, Put me down as a maybe, as I don't have the kit yet..

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Count me in for the 1:32 Harrier parts; I'll need all of them.

Just a point of clarification;

Here a link to a Public Domain photograph of JFH aircraft over Afghanistan in Decmber 2008. The photo is High-Resolution, so you may zoom as necessary.

http://dams.defenseimagery.mil/defenselink...ink_preview.jsp

Have alook at the 100% LERX. It gives the distinct impression of the additional panel not being parrallel to the airflow on the inboard edge. It also indicates the extent of the panel around the the exhaust port (APU)

Does anyone have information or other photos to confirm this??

Dragonfly

Hello,

thank you for the interest on the parts I made.

Here some pictures of the resin parts just copied.

Actually they are prototype of the parts, soon they will be adjusted.

Maybe there will be two separate sets, one generic for Trumpeter's Harriers with ventral strakes, centreline pylon, launch rails and airscoop.

AT_1.jpg

AT_2.jpg

The other one its specific for GR.7/9, same as above plus all the other parts only for RAF versions.

GR_2.jpg

GR_1.jpg

I'll let you know when they will be available.

CIAO!

Piero