Hawker Siddeley Kestrel

This model was built last year. With provisional decals it was displayed at the Harrier SIG table at SMW. I have now finally got the decals ready and completed the model.

The model is converted from the ESCI Harrier GR.1/AV-8A kit, with a few items such as the fin and jet exhausts taken from the Aardvark Aviation kit (which I think is the same kit as being sold by Heritage Aviation today).

Kestrel_1_800.jpg

Kestrel_2_800.jpg

Kestrel_3_800.jpg

Kestrel_4_800.jpg

Kestrel_5_800.jpg

Nils

Hi Nils

One of the very many projects I would like to do is build a 1/72 Kestral

Have the Tripartite markings ready.

Was goind to back date something but this seems an easier route.

Do you have a build thread/blog anywhere please?

What is the Aardvark kit like and why bash it to the Esci kit?

It looks a treat btw

:goodjob:

Edited by walrus

I didn't take any photos during construction of this model, thus there is not a build thread, only these photos of the finished model. I started building the Aardvark kit, but the fitting of the parts was not very good and the kit in not very detailed. I don't like using super glue either, thus I switched to converting the ESCI kit instead.

The decals are from a new sheet from Vingtor Decals, which will be released this summer:

72-110_front.JPG

72-110_decal.png

The blue background on the American sector of the Tripartite roundels is a tad too dark. Correction decals will be made, thus the sheet is held back until these are printed. The sheet will also be available in 1/48 scale, however without the handed roundels and nose markings for XS688.

Nils

Wow! I want one sheet in each scale!

Stay tuned to BM. I will announce when the sheets are available with correction items.

Nils