• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,029,245 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

What type of conventional bombs are they? Are they of a British pattern?

I suspect they're supposed to be 1,000lb General Purpose Bombs, but someone seems to have got the angle of the nose wrong :hmmm:

#22 billybigbananas

billybigbananas

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Oh dear. More money!!!!!!! :speak_cool:

*Wallet runs from the room screaming "He hasn't even built that Nimrod in the cupboard yet!"*

Seriously though.

Cor. :thumbsup:

#23 robvulcan

robvulcan

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

ive got to get my hands on at least one of these, and hopefully a fair few more, is this kit limited or normal production,
either way i wont hang about thanks for th review,. sold... at last a valiant, now come on airfix, new tool victor and vulcan b1 and b2 of both please...

#24 Kev1n

Kev1n

style icon

• Members
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

me wants

NOW!

#25 kspriss

kspriss

V-Bomber, F4 and Canberra Anorak

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the review, Mike - Now I can lightheartedly hand my half finished Mach2 to the district heating bin - :thumbsup:

Rolf

you are not seriously throwing your mach 2 one out...are you? :analintruder:

steve

#26 avro683

avro683

Heracleum Mantegazziani!

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Wonderland say release date is June 23.

Tony :clif:

#27 Rob P

Rob P

Very Obsessed Member

• Gold Member
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

Another ten days, but Mike has his now....

Grrrr.....

#28 Cimmerian

Cimmerian

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

little typo there - I think its "yoke"
"control yolks" made me giggle.
"on final approach to target .... ewwwwww yuck! "

#29 popeye

popeye

Established Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

you are not seriously throwing your mach 2 one out...are you? :analintruder:

steve

:evil_laugh: ........

It's really going to be difficult bringing up the courage, I know :winkgrin:

Did only get halfway building it - but if you are interested there is a build report on > Flugzeugforum.de for you to help decide if you would like to take up the pieces and finish it :kissing2:

Rolf

Edited by popeye, 14 June 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#30 Rob P

Rob P

Very Obsessed Member

• Gold Member
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

So Mike, have you started the Valiant yet?

If not, do you want to "sub out" the review build? ;)

#31 Hypnobear

Hypnobear

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Its so tempting to try and sell my Mach 2 Valiant for the cost of one of these......should I try it....? Dont know....

If anyone is planning to throw away any Mach 2 Valiants, I could provide a storage facility for them instead - Dont throw the poor things away! :D

#32 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,029,245 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi Tom,

Ideally, I'd sell on your Mach2 kit quickly matey... just get rid, just don't expect much for it ;)

#33 Vlamgat9

Vlamgat9

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi Tom,

Ideally, I'd sell on your Mach2 kit quickly matey... just get rid, just don't expect much for it ;)

The irony is in 10 years time collectors will probably be paying top dollar for them...

#34 Hypnobear

Hypnobear

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hi Tom,

Thats funny, didnt know my name was Tom..... :)

Could do, but it doesnt look too bad a kit to me, just got a bit of problem with a warped fuselage which is why I probably couldnt sell it :(

#35 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thats funny, didnt know my name was Tom..... :)

Could do, but it doesnt look too bad a kit to me, just got a bit of problem with a warped fuselage which is why I probably couldnt sell it :(

Hmmm.. Going on the Concorde I built it would not surprise me if the Valiant has a warped fuselage as well. I am afraid Airfix need to trim their sprue gates a little. Same for the Concorde.. :)

Has anyone seen an actual BUILD review as yet?

#36 Paul A H

Paul A H

My vocabulary is absolutely big

• Product Reviewer
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I think Hypnobear was referring to his Mach 2 Valiant when he mentioned the warped fuselage. I have the new Airfix Valiant and the fuselage is not warped. I have clipped the fuselage halves and the upper wing from the sprues for a test fit and it appears to be superbly engineered. There are a couple of builds underway in the Work in Progress section, including Mike's build review.

#37 Mike

Mike

Proud dad

• Root Admin
  • 1,029,245 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

I think Hypnobear was referring to his Mach 2 Valiant when he mentioned the warped fuselage. I have the new Airfix Valiant and the fuselage is not warped. I have clipped the fuselage halves and the upper wing from the sprues for a test fit and it appears to be superbly engineered. There are a couple of builds underway in the Work in Progress section, including Mike's build review.

Amen... and I've just glued the fuselage together, which had no warpage whatsoever :shrug:

#38 Hypnobear

Hypnobear

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Amen... and I've just glued the fuselage together, which had no warpage whatsoever :shrug:

After seeing my dad's Airfix Valiant and its perfect dry fit, I decided to put my Mach 2 kit on eBay and so far its up to 16.51! Almost broke even with what I paid for it :frantic:

Also got a Airfix Valiant on order once the Mach 2 kit and my other stuff has sold! :thumbsup: