Vickers Valiant BK.Mk.I

Mike

you are not seriously throwing your mach 2 one out...are you? :analintruder:

steve

:evil_laugh: ........

It's really going to be difficult bringing up the courage, I know :winkgrin:

Did only get halfway building it - but if you are interested there is a build report on > Flugzeugforum.de for you to help decide if you would like to take up the pieces and finish it :kissing2:

Rolf

Edited by popeye

Its so tempting to try and sell my Mach 2 Valiant for the cost of one of these......should I try it....? Dont know....

If anyone is planning to throw away any Mach 2 Valiants, I could provide a storage facility for them instead - Dont throw the poor things away! :D

Hi Tom,

Ideally, I'd sell on your Mach2 kit quickly matey... just get rid, just don't expect much for it ;)

The irony is in 10 years time collectors will probably be paying top dollar for them...

Hi Tom,

Ideally, I'd sell on your Mach2 kit quickly matey... just get rid, just don't expect much for it ;)

Thats funny, didnt know my name was Tom..... :)

Could do, but it doesnt look too bad a kit to me, just got a bit of problem with a warped fuselage which is why I probably couldnt sell it :(

• 4 weeks later...
Thats funny, didnt know my name was Tom..... :)

Could do, but it doesnt look too bad a kit to me, just got a bit of problem with a warped fuselage which is why I probably couldnt sell it :(

Hmmm.. Going on the Concorde I built it would not surprise me if the Valiant has a warped fuselage as well. I am afraid Airfix need to trim their sprue gates a little. Same for the Concorde.. :)

Has anyone seen an actual BUILD review as yet?

I think Hypnobear was referring to his Mach 2 Valiant when he mentioned the warped fuselage. I have the new Airfix Valiant and the fuselage is not warped. I have clipped the fuselage halves and the upper wing from the sprues for a test fit and it appears to be superbly engineered. There are a couple of builds underway in the Work in Progress section, including Mike's build review.

I think Hypnobear was referring to his Mach 2 Valiant when he mentioned the warped fuselage. I have the new Airfix Valiant and the fuselage is not warped. I have clipped the fuselage halves and the upper wing from the sprues for a test fit and it appears to be superbly engineered. There are a couple of builds underway in the Work in Progress section, including Mike's build review.

Amen... and I've just glued the fuselage together, which had no warpage whatsoever :shrug:

Amen... and I've just glued the fuselage together, which had no warpage whatsoever :shrug:

After seeing my dad's Airfix Valiant and its perfect dry fit, I decided to put my Mach 2 kit on eBay and so far its up to £16.51! Almost broke even with what I paid for it :frantic:

Also got a Airfix Valiant on order once the Mach 2 kit and my other stuff has sold! :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

1964: two camouflaged Valiants staged a "4 Minute Warning" scramble at the Biggin Hill Battle of Britain Display. It was noisy and they were off well within the 4 minute limit. After being regular sights, that was the last time I saw any flying. I watched one a couple of years earlier through a telescope over Selsey Bill refuelling a Sea Vixen Mk 1. That would make an interesting set piece model.