Tamiya F-16CJ

Phil,

Although I normally dont like F16's I must say though, this is a pretty good model (as always from you), look forwards to the finished article.

Bex

:hypnotised: :hypnotised: Yummy F16 :hypnotised: :hypnotised:

Now, Now Mish It's OK there are enough for all of us, You will be able to get one; like me and all the other Viper nutters, but why does Mr. Flory 'ave to go and dangle a candy bar in front of sugar starved kids :wacko::crying:

Now, Now Mish It's OK there are enough for all of us, You will be able to get one; like me and all the other Viper nutters, but why does Mr. Flory 'ave to go and dangle a candy bar in front of sugar starved kids :wacko::crying:

Early next year I'm doing a super detailed F-16 in 1/32, with all the panels open :wicked:

Next a look at the Tamiya seat.

DSCF6065.jpg

Then I washed out the wells to dirty thing up.

DSCF6068.jpg

I closed up the wells using the main doors a blue tack for the front.

DSCF6069.jpg

Mask up the canopies with tamiya and a sharp knife. Ive done a how to video which is on my site and I'll put it on hare later.

DSCF6063.jpg

I then went to work on the pre shading, strait onto the plastic with flat black.

DSCF6071.jpg

Nice work Phil.

One thing though!!! Why you didnt put the seat belt decals on a piece of aluminium foil and then cut them, it would have looked more 3D...they look a bit flat!!

The preshading is amazing mate!!!!! Which airbrush are you using? I am about to by the infinity from H&S

Amazing work never the less all around!!!!!!!

Nice work Phil.

One thing though!!! Why you didnt put the seat belt decals on a piece of aluminium foil and then cut them, it would have looked more 3D...they look a bit flat!!

The preshading is amazing mate!!!!! Which airbrush are you using? I am about to by the infinity from H&S

Amazing work never the less all around!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, should get the paint on today.

Good point about the belts :banghead:

My airbrush is the H&S Evolution 2 in 1, with a 0.15 needle set.

DSCF5616.jpg

Right , paint time.

I've videoed the hole thing, so I'll edit it tonight and see how it looks.

Light ghost grey on the front and lower surfaces as well as the tail.

DSCF6087.jpg

Next it's on with the gunship grey.

DSCF6091.jpg

DSCF6093.jpg

Then I went around lighting some of the panels.

DSCF6096.jpg

And darkening some of the panels on the lighter ghost grey.

DSCF6098.jpg

More soon.

Nice work. It's an awesome kit isn't it!

For future reference, the tail logo lights are not colored. They have a clear lens, of which the outbaord half is painted gray from the inside.

Not sure what paint you're using, but the 2 tone gray scheme is FS 36118 Gunship Gray and FS 36270 Neutral gray. The Light ghost may be the same FS but different nomenclature if from another manufacture other than MM, AM, etc...

You mentioned that there were scoops and vents that really didn’t serve a purpose. There are 4 that come to mind. All 3 scoops and vents on the vertical tail dorsal; C models only, as the D models do not have them. Then there’s the ASPJ precooler scoop just under the cockpit strake, left side. Since the USAF F-16C/Ds were denied the ASPJ system, the scoop was just sealed up from the inside. The rest do serve a prupose in one form or another.

Post the finishing touches when you can, looking forward to seeing the end product.

Mike V

Nice work. It's an awesome kit isn't it!

For future reference, the tail logo lights are not colored. They have a clear lens, of which the outbaord half is painted gray from the inside.

Not sure what paint you're using, but the 2 tone gray scheme is FS 36118 Gunship Gray and FS 36270 Neutral gray. The Light ghost may be the same FS but different nomenclature if from another manufacture other than MM, AM, etc...

You mentioned that there were scoops and vents that really didn’t serve a purpose. There are 4 that come to mind. All 3 scoops and vents on the vertical tail dorsal; C models only, as the D models do not have them. Then there’s the ASPJ precooler scoop just under the cockpit strake, left side. Since the USAF F-16C/Ds were denied the ASPJ system, the scoop was just sealed up from the inside. The rest do serve a prupose in one form or another.

Post the finishing touches when you can, looking forward to seeing the end product.

Mike V

Cheers Mike,

The F-16 I was looking at had a red lens in the middle and a light ring around it so I was trying to do that :confused:. Because I'm going to give this a heavy weathering job I need to start it lighter so that why I started with the Light ghost grey ,It will go darker with the weathering.

As to the scoops and vents, I was surprised that when I said 'what's that do ' they said nothing :rolleyes: I thought they would have removed them :doh:

I'll get some pics up later.