Tamiya F-16CJ

Got this build going on my site, but thought I would spread the love :grouphug:

you may have seen the cockpit shots before but I thought I'd better finish it off.

Stand clear because this one is going to be dirty :wicked::evil_laugh:

Tamiya F-16CJ 1/48 scale

DSCF5757.jpg

First of, it's the cock pit.

A very nice job Tamiya have done too and really no need for a resin replacement. I will be using a replacement seat thou.

DSCF5758.jpg

First I've painted the entire cockpit dark gull gray. Next I pick out all the panels with that flat black.

DSCF5760.jpg

Next up It's out with the wash and wash out the hole cockpit with the dark.

DSCF5762.jpg

I then went over the panels with the light wash to bring the panel to life. Next I picked out the switches and lights with a cocktail stick.

DSCF5764.jpg

DSCF6050.jpg

More to come soon.

:hypnotised: :hypnotised: Yummy F16 :hypnotised: :hypnotised:

Looking good Phil, as always :speak_cool: Only thing now is, Big Bird gonna be drooling & a jabbering wreck all weekend having naughty thoughts about your F16 :mental:

Bex

Great model Phil, but youve gone and done it now, and just so Mike the Boss doesnt point his naughty stick at me, I wont say whats really going thru my mind now about Big Bird :doh:

Bex

Phil

You need 16 or 15 questions answered my partner and I can tell you everything you need to know!! As far as Raptors go, Mike V can tell you what hes allowed and we both are buds with Waco in the 1:1 world. Hes a Raptor driver over on ARC

The thing that amazed me of the F-16 was all the vents and air scoops that don't do anything. It was a fascinating day and getting all hands on is a massive inspiration to build better models. Now can I have a look around a raptor :analintruder:

Right.

Gear wells in and cockpit.

DSCF6054.jpg

I thought I would do the lights (Tamiya clears)

DSCF6055.jpg

Next it's time to take care of the intake. I've built four of these now and getting the intake to line up is always a problem, but I think I've got the hang of it now.

DSCF6058.jpg

DSCF6056.jpg

By using a sanding stick I push the front part of the intake up.

DSCF6057.jpg

Then, using my thumb, push the rear part down, by pushing down and pulling the sanding stick up it lines everything up nice. If you have a look down the intake and are happy with it you can glue in place, I used super glue just on the top part that I pushed down with my thumb. A quick spray with some CA kicker locks it all in place, then I brushed on some tamiya extra thin to weld the whole thing in place.

Next all the wings go on and tail, no problem anywhere.

DSCF6059.jpg

To make the spraying easier I removed the main gear door hinges so I could close the main gear doors

DSCF6060.jpg

Finished off the cockpit bit, found my resin seat won't fit, so I'll use the kit seat for now.

DSCF6061.jpg

Thanks ;)

A file !!!!!?!?! I thought this kit fell together with airtight precision ?!

Yep- normally it does, but then if you're hamfisted.... :rofl:

Actually its a 'wrong-un' in this area- and thats without the undercarriage bay sinkmarks :wall:

Edited by Mentalguru