Boston III

Ian

Yes, the Boston is nearly done now aswell. Like the Ki84 weathering and matt varnish on:

Boston7a.jpg

Boston7b.jpg

Boston7c.jpg

Boston7d.jpg

Has become a bit of a chore now, but it will still look good in the cabinet. Should have it all done by the weekend. Thanks all for following this build, appreciate all the positive comments along the way.

Ian

Hey Mike & other mods... What's the rudest word I can use here ??

So there I am, sitting at the desk this morning just finishing-off the Boston and all is well in my little world until: I tried to install the main undercarriage. It simply doesn't go in. Having willfully disobeyed the given construction sequence, Ibuilt and attached the nacelles to the wings, leaving the gear on the sprue "I'll get it to fit later, got to be easier than putting it in early and having to mask-it-off" - No it isn't, it just wont go in there and I'm left with an 'in flight' model that I'll have to assault with brass tube and CA to get finished...

...Arghhh :shithappens:

Ian

ps

...on the 'plus side' the Ki84 for the Pacific GB has come-out very well !

Ian,

Have you tried to reduce the attachment points for the gear, so that with a little gentle bending of the nacel you wouldn't be able to slip it into the intended attachment points?

Done the same mistake myself, and found that sometimes this method can work?

Shame about the undercarraige issues, I hope you solve them because fair play Ian you can build a good model! Just seen your Ki-84 and I'm equally impressed by this Havoc, its really excellent.

Edited by rowmk9

Really like the camo, what colours did you use ? I have been using Xtracrylic dark earth / green, but it looks too dark, yours look damn good.

Xtracolour DE/DG enamels for the topsides each lightened with a little light grey and sprayed over two thin coats. the underside is Tamiya 'Sky' for the base coat with Xtracolour 'Sky' mottled over it.

Ian

Looking great, hope you can resolve the undercart issues with a bit of "fettling"!

very nostalgic kit as I think I remember the matchbox "green hornet" boxing as well as the old airfix boston kit.