OK, three days to go and I'm in!

I really should not have left this as late as this, but better late than never!

Anyway, I'd like to join the group build with this little beauty from Revell. For me it's the wrong scale and possibly the wrong subject, so that makes it a perfect candidate for the OOB group build.

For this group build I am staying strictly within what I believe to be OOB, that is nothing that did not come in the box goes on the final model. This is truly an OOB model. I decided to do the Swiss option rather than the Red Arrows one and so without further ado, here's the first day's progress starting with the standard box and sprue shots.

d5cd11a3.jpg

7e67848e.jpg

The seats were started first followed by the cockpit, all of which took about two hours to do.

576cd52e.jpg

2128f79a.jpg

1e0eeef2.jpg

8d116e85.jpg

Once the cockpit was sandwiched between the two fuselage halves, the aircraft soon began to take shape.

6bc305bb.jpg

4240e3b5.jpg

c08b492c.jpg

52009a3e.jpg

a51aceb1.jpg

And that's where I'm at tonight. The kit is actually very well detailed for a 1/72nd model but the eyesight just cannot cope with this scale anymore! I'll hopefully get more done tomorrow.

Hi Guys!

Well, it probably was a bit ambitious but I did not bank on getting called out on standby today for an eleven hour duty! So, there is just not enough time left in the day to finish this little peach of a kit. I'm away for a few days but will finish her and she'll be up for inspection and critical comments in the Ready for Inspection forum.

I'll have to learn to be less ambitious!

10 out of 10 for effort, i got caught out with work yesterday so have had a last minute decalling session to get mine done by the eleventh hour, looking forward to seeing this one finished. The hawk is my next project in that GB

Cheers

Graham