Inspirational Gallery

old2.jpg

From (many) years gone by. Makes everyone else look really good though,so worth a post.

Ohhh I so remember them.... It's all your fault I got into so into Phantoms all those years ago !!

Ian

Got to love the phantom !!! my favourite jet

here is mine from last year

Hasegawa 1/48 FGR1 phantom

Aries wheels

Eduard cockpit set

Tamiya paint and Halfords white

Kit decals

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

My solution to the intake problem - photograph sized to fit and put onto plastic card and gaps filled - not truely seemless but cheap and effective

DSCN0931.jpg

once the stash goes down Im getting some more

Edited by delta7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just completed. Revell 1/48th F-4D, 23rd TFS/52nd TFW, Twenthe AB - TAM 1976. Strictly OOB build. It's basic, it's rustic, and the cans are aweful.........but I didn't 'alf enjoy it!

NERDYstuff325.jpg

Bugger, just realised. Wrong section!!

Edited by Alan Hooker

• 4 months later...

I'm posting this so I can reference it as I respond to a comment on another thread...

This is the original Revell USA 1:32 F-4J Phantom II kit, which was first released back in the 70s or early 80s. God awful kit - quite possibly the worst kit I've ever worked on. The result here came after three years of off and on work, several tubes of putty, and some serious cursing and drinking. Arghhh! Nothing fit, the shape is wrong, the canopies too flat, it goes on and on. Finished in 1985 - I ended up scratchbuilding the entire cockpit and ejection seats, most of the radar, folded the wings, and added the open RAM air turbine bay. I moved the rudder and nose gear, dropped the flaps, added the canopy lock mechanisms, and pronounced it dead on arrival. I was too stubborn the bin the beast.

It's been sitting in the back of the display case ever since - many of the decals (especially the stencils) have yellowed over the last 26 years. So here it is! Back to the display case it goes!

Cheers,

Bill

100_1539.jpg

100_1540.jpg

100_1541.jpg

100_1542.jpg

100_1543.jpg

100_1545.jpg