Requests for information.

spike7451

I'm thinking of doing a 1/48 Airfix GR.1B as I've never seen a B modelled, the Airfix kit comes with decals for ZA470 or ZA490. I had a look on Tornado-data.com and it seems ZA490 was a GR.1B, but it doesn't seem to think ZA470 was, can anyone confirm either way?

Edited by T0M4ever

Hi Merv can you or any of your fellow tornado people who worked on them before or during GW1 tell me what paint thinners was used on the op granby tornado's

i have some original desert sand paint that has gone a bit gloopy and i want to build my 32nd in this GB if possible many thanks

Simon

Chaps anyone have any pictures of Brave Coq

ZA560 cant find any anywhere ?

failing that ,does anyone know

where the "benromach" name was placed theres some conjecture

as to whether it had it or not but most seem to have these whiskey names ?

jim.

These are about as close up as I have.

Hope they are of some use.

Steve

Steve they look pretty similar to my eye!

Reason I ask is master do some lovely turned metal pitot in 1/72 (as well as 1/48 and 1/32 I think) and I'll get one to replace the not do good hasegawa effort!

Phil

Hello All,

I am building an F.3 (ZE764) from the late 80s / early 90s and the instructions with my kit indicate that I should paint the upper surfaces Light Aircraft Grey while Painting the under surfaces in Barley Grey. However I seem to remember reading that it should be the other way around. Can anyone advise which way around is correct?

Many Thanks

Hello All,

I am building an F.3 (ZE764) from the late 80s / early 90s and the instructions with my kit indicate that I should paint the upper surfaces Light Aircraft Grey while Painting the under surfaces in Barley Grey. However I seem to remember reading that it should be the other way around. Can anyone advise which way around is correct?

Many Thanks

Barley gray upper according to this..

t_f3_80.jpg

Edited by spike7451

Ah, thats why it didn't look exactly like a Storm Shadow, many thanks Stve.

All the best

Steve

hmm, wonder if theres any drawings for one, look nice in 1/32. :D

Hi, whats a good humbrol grey for the cockpit areas and seats etc. Instructions call out H147-light grey which is probably the only grey I don't have.

Building an IDS in Italian AF scheme

Cheers

Chris

PS- U/C bays and legs all white or grey legs?

Edited by chrisrope

Hi, whats a good humbrol grey for the cockpit areas and seats etc. Instructions call out H147-light grey which is probably the only grey I don't have.

Building an IDS in Italian AF scheme

Cheers

Chris

PS- U/C bays and legs all white or grey legs?

I do my cockpits barley gray & dry brush a darker gray over the top,undercarraige & wheel bays on the Tornado's I've worked on are light gray.I've never seen them white.

I do my cockpits barley gray & dry brush a darker gray over the top,undercarraige & wheel bays on the Tornado's I've worked on are light gray.I've never seen them white.

I've got the greys and light greys for cockpits and U/C bays for the Hawk I built. Would these be suitable?

H165 for the cockpit and H166 for the U/C

Edited by chrisrope

Morning chaps

I am (slowly) preparing myself for this GB!

I am going to do the 1/32 Tonka ECR Revell kit 04881 Tigermeet 07/08 scheme. I've had a look at the instructions but before I finally commit to this (and take the starting pics) I have a query on the base colour under those tiger stripes.

I have read in one t'internet posting that it should be the equivalent of FS36320 which is Dk Compass Grey - this suits me as I use Xtracrylix paint mostly - but it is not verified anywhere else on the web. The box art looks lighter.

Can anybody here add anything to the above? The kit instructions specify a mix of paint which I want to avoid if possible...