Tamiya 1/48th F-117A Knighthawk

Peter W

I was trying to decide how on earth I would be able to fit this group build into an already manic schedule. I'd made my mind up that it couldn't be done but equally, I couldn't resist it. The way around it is to build something relatively simple and the Tamiya 1/48th F-117A Knighthawk fits the bill perfectly.

It's going to have the Aires cokpit added to spruce the inside up and some Two Bobs decals for markings, probably the Skunkworks option.

The Kit: -

IMG_7331.jpg

The Decals: -

IMG_7332.jpg

And the bits: -

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

With 3 other groups builds going on at the same time, progress will be slow but the finishing line will be reached sometime.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I've made a small bit of progress on this one, but a giant step out of the way as it was fitting the Aires cockpit.

To be truthful it wasn't too bad, for a change, but still needed a bit of head scratching. I'd sanded the cockpit sills down so that the tub fitted but it still didn't look right with the instrument coaming in place. After a brief pause for thought and procrastination it dawned on me that the tub was too far forward and that the rear bulkhead needed cutting out. Some rough cutting and delicate filing after gave me this: -

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7512.jpg

IMG_7514.jpg

Just need to wash all the resin bits now and then set to painting the cockpit up.

More soon

Pete

Edited by Peter W

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter that is looking really good so far (good luck with painting that cockpit though!).

Any updates on progess?

Cheers

Cliff