I hope i'm not the only one

dazdot

theres not too many spitfires i love them, there is just not enough versions of every other aircraft. ive just built a prxix kit and its delightful, and theres a fair few others, ive had a gap in my modelling and seem to remember there being more stuff on offer particularly in the british side of things,

id love to see airfix do a new tool vulcan b1 and b2 and victor b1 b2 to go with there vailiant, airfixs new toolings are extremly good and i can totaly see why they would choosee the spit to be one of there first ones, it makes business sence, and will give them pennies to do new things,

id also love to see a new tool gloster javelin, vampire, venom, lancaster, boulton paul defiant, and how about a sepherin there are so many, .

so in summary . Not To Many Spits, Not Enough Of Everything Else.

There's no such thing as too many spitfire kits ! In fact we need more spitfire kits: there are still versions that have not been kitted or have only available as short runs.

Should anyone feel so, my advice is: try and build one or two. Before you notice, you'll start buying more and more ! So many variations, so many camouflage schemes and users. And plenty of cross-kitting possibilities to build even more variations.

With good reason - they're probably seen as being too left-field (at present) and as such a bit of a risk. Ironically, its all those Spitfires, Me 109s, 190s, P-51s etc... that help offset the risk of subject like that.

To use a footballing analogy, you need your Lionel Messi's but you also need your Ralph Milne's.

Ok, maybe not Ralph Milne...

Ralphie Milne! Messi no even good enough to lace Ralphs boots! :whistle: Anyone for handbags!!!

And from someone who has just started a rather large Spitfire project, you can never get enough!

Arabest,

Geoff.

(maybe he's a die-hard ManU fan... explains the angst)

Back off, sunshine; I don't recall United supporters mocking other teams, whose players have died in accidents. Having followed United (not always from afar) for 63 years, I've never felt the need for belligerence, nor have I seen any at their home matches.

you are so right there, on returning to the hobby, i bought the re-release btk spit kit in the bag moulded in blue plastic to build for my dad, then i bought one for me, i got the airfix 2 pack with the bob mk2 and the typhoon, then i bought the new tool mk1 and then i thought i would buy more mk1 and make a diorama, so i bought the hasegawa mk1 then my gf bought me revels vb, then i found the prxix on sale at 3.99 from hobbycraft., and now im thinking of buying more, im also doing the same with harriers too, and buccaneers just picked up the na39 kit at last. :frantic: after so many years of searching to. again togo with the airfix buc my gf bough me, now i want a matchbox one. it would seem kits breed. the other think i noticed is i feel happier with the smell of polystyrene glue around :angel:

you are so right there, on returning to the hobby, ... the other think i noticed is i feel happier with the smell of polystyrene glue around :angel:

On returning to the hobby in 2001 I have only just recently found the need to buy an aeroplane of any type...and even that was a trama (here)...

But I must agree about the smell of glue

And me'n'others are gonna keep modelling going for non-plane builders :tomato:

:cheers:

So there are too many Spitfire kit? maybe, but what also of the Me-109, Fw-190, P-51 etc some say there are too many of them.

Basically the model manufacturers know these kits sell, that why they keep doing them.

Its a no brainer Tamyia chose the Spit and the P-51D for their new 1.32 kits. I suspect we will see a 109 soon. No matter how much teeth gnashing is done on certain forums these will sell like hot cakes.

Hoopefully it gives them money to do other projects which might not sell as well. Tamyia I want my 1.32 Hurricane- You listening in Japan?

Julien

Its a no brainer Tamyia chose the Spit and the P-51D for their new 1.32 kits. I suspect we will see a 109 soon. No matter how much teeth gnashing is done on certain forums these will sell like hot cakes.

Hoopefully it gives them money to do other projects which might not sell as well.

Julien

I suspect you are correct Julian so where is my bloody T Class submarine (WW2 T)

And as for Gnasher see

here

for the Bash Street Kids

Cheers

Adam

on this subject, how many can honestly say they have not wanted to make a spitfire, how many have not made a spitfire, how many did not enjoy making a spitfre, and how many of us as kids were jumping up and down at the excitement of making a spitfire,

and for the sake of the contination of the hobby, how many of us started with a spitfire or are going to start with a spitfire, like it or not it is probably the spitfire that is one of the most important foundations of this hobby, im trying to think of my first kits,

and there are vauge memories of an airliner a 727 i think, but the first one me and my dad made was a 1/32 revel spitfire what a lovely kit,

then it was tornados jaguars harriers buccaneers, hunters, hurricanes lancasters, vulcans, blenims, me109s, everything, but the spit was what i started with and i made alot as a kid, one i remember was a good kit was a latter mk heller 1/72 kit with clipped wings and bubble cockpit, im not sure of the mark, was it a 22 im no spit expert. however i do remember as a child walking towards a spitfire there were 2 older guys arguing over whether or not it was a mk5 or a mk2, and i at the age of 10ish shyly said its neither its a mk9, look at the 4 blade propeller griffon engine and the doubled up boxes under the wings, they both stopped looked at the spit looked at each other and said hes right, i wouldnt have known that if it was not for building models,

I suspect you are correct Julian so where is my bloody T Class submarine (WW2 T)

Adam

I think a lot of the Allied WWII Subs are under represented.

The T's, U's and S's and even the post war A's

When I worked at Cammell Lairds we had a large ammount of glass plate negatives of all the subs built. I even saw some photos taken inside the Thetis when it was salvaged, they were not nice.

Julien

I don't think there is really anything to say that hasn't been already, so i'm going to lower the intellectual tone by pointing out that:

I like Spitfires coz' they're pretty and easy to make.

In between bouts of AMS-ridden building of obscure Eastern European kits, I like nothing better than to buy a cheap Spit and add another little piece of beauty to the shelf. The manufacturers can sell me as many as they like, I'll take 'em!

Edited by Vulcanicity

It's the same old story Adam

There are loads of Dennis the Menace and Bash St Kids

But when are we going to get a new tool Winker Watson?

(Thank goodness. No typo or Spoonerism)

Hurry hurry (note, not Hurri Hurri) only one left in stock here

But probably an old tooling

Adam

Are you trying to tempt me into breaking the pledge ;)

Yes that is a reissue and hard to get hold of now.

We need a better quality kit.

I mean it looks like he is playing cricket with a toffee apple

In any case, he'll not get it to swing holding it like that.

... said the barmaid of the Bishop.

Edited by walrus

Are you trying to tempt me into breaking the pledge ;)

Yes that is a reissue and hard to get hold of now.

We need a better quality kit.

I mean it looks like he is playing cricket with a toffee apple

In any case, he'll not get it to swing holding like that.

... said the barmaid of the Bishop.

Breaking the pledge, tempting, me, wot! never

But it is quite a fun shop eh?

Cheers

Adam

I sense a new game:

"I like Spitfire's coz'...."

they are just perfick ..... as Pop Larkin would say............

Seeing a Spitfire doing it's stuff on a warm summers evening is real "Darling Buds of May" stuff........sorry gone all gooey..................

When I visited what then became my modelling club for the first time, I was asked about my favourite subjects. And said I wasn't much into WW2 subjects, apart from the spitfire that I love. The first comment I had was "of course, who doesn't love the spitfire!"

Back off, sunshine; I don't recall United supporters mocking other teams, whose players have died in accidents. Having followed United (not always from afar) for 63 years, I've never felt the need for belligerence, nor have I seen any at their home matches.

Ehem, I was making a (what I thought was really darn obvious) reference to the Champions League final :P

I like Spitfires coz..........they are cool... :speak_cool:

Cheers,

ggc

i like the spitfire as if it was not for the photo reconicance version it would not have enabled us to find the v2 and buzz bomb sites, if that had not happened, we may not be here having this conversation, it might be talk of me262, which i like also, for differnt reasons,. :pipe: