1:48 replacement Jaguar intakes for the Airfix Kit

Mike

Having seen plenty of Jags at Telford, and built my own, I know how hard it is to fettle the Airfix kit parts to give a more accurate representation of the Jag's ovalised rectangular intakes, with the blow-in doors in the "at rest" position.

Well... now you don't have to try! :yahoo: I've cast up copies of my masters, which you can see below:

intakes5.jpg

intakes6.jpg

They come with a set of 8 hinge decals, printed for me by Ed Grantham (respect there, Ed ^_^ ), and I'm offering them up for grabs at £9.50 per set delivered within the UK.

They're a simple drop-in replacement to the Airfix part, and will require a little filler to fair them into the exterior trunking, but so would the kit parts. Each decal sheetlet comes with 8 hinges, to allow for any mistakes, and the end result should be an improved Jag with very little work on your part.

To order, either contact me in the usual manner with the number of sets you want plus paypal address & I'll raise a Paypal invoice, or send the money (with details of what you want in the notes section) to meATmikewilliamsDOTco.DOTuk via paypal.

To those of you who have already pre-ordered, they'll be going out with decals in the next couple of days :)

Mike,

Great job on those intakes. I'd sure love to take a couple sets off your hands. Will you ship to the US ?

Thanks,

Mark

At the moment I will, but let me come back to you with a shipping price. I always use "International signed for", so the cost is a bit higher, but worth it for the certainty of delivery for both sides :) Did you want 2 sets?

At the moment I will, but let me come back to you with a shipping price. I always use "International signed for", so the cost is a bit higher, but worth it for the certainty of delivery for both sides :) Did you want 2 sets?

Yes please, two sets.

Thanks again.

PS Here's my Postal Code 95005 ( just in case you need it for a quote)

Edited by Rampage55

Goody! I think I already have two sets on order.....Oh, and I don't need the decals as Ed popped into the shop on Saturday, I now have enough hinge decals for the whole of 54, 6 and 41 Sqns ca . 1982!!!

Ta Ed!!!

:lol: good old Ed :thumbsup: Yes, yours are in the "pre-order" pile. I've got 12 sets cast up, plus some for my builds (3 more), about 8... make that 10 of which are spoken for. I'll be spinning up a couple more sets in a bit once I've demoulded this other thingy I've been working on :)

Fantasic work there Mike!! I cant wait to get mine!!

Cheers

Mike

Yours were on their way yesterday minus decals. I'll pop you a few sets of the decals in the next box I send you ;)

Think I can get 2 sets Mike? :hmmm:

;) Thank you

AW

You can Anthony... shall I send you a paypal invoice?

btw - did you manage to get a hold of any Jag retirement decals? :hmmm:

Just to keep you informed. Any orders taken & paid for up to close of business today (UK time), will be packaged up over the weekend & posted on Monday :)

K... all paid orders are packed & ready to go to the post office, which includes the last of the Valiant intakes too.

I've got 2 intake sets left of the last batch, which are provisionally allocated to those that ain't paid yet. Any more needed? ^_^

NOTE: The hinge decals are on a small sheet of decal paper in the envelope. Please ensure you take them out before you recycle the envelope. There are 8 decals on each sheet, which should give you plenty of spares in case you stuff them up. Each one is very fragile, but should go down ok without a coat of liquid decal film if you're careful. :)