Welcome to the F-4 Phantom II STGB

A big welcome to the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II STGB. Your Hosts for the fun and games are myself, Bexy and KSPRISS.... Steve, and between us we're Phinalising any obscure rules and regulations etc which will be posted shortly. I will also add to the thread the list of prospective entrants, which at my last count I think was upto 106!!! :worthy:

Please feel free to set up your build threads ready for the 27th, but please remember, no jumping the gun!!!

Also, please use this thread for any Phantom related Chit Chat / Waffle etc :wicked:

Bexy & Steve

Entrants listing as of 27/05/11 - 111 so far!!! Those that wanted to drop out have been removed from the list as requested.

1. BexWH773 - Co Host

2. KSPRISS - Co Host

3. Mish

4. Diamond9

5. Daz Greenwood

6. Windy

7. Doug Rogers

8. Stever219

9. Periklis Sale

10.Coneheadff

11.Rampage55

12.Deon

13.John Laidlaw

14.SHAR2

15.Le Vander

16.stoohoo

17.MarkMarples

18.Masteregg

19.Bandwagon106

20.Antony Robertson

21.Borz666

22.Fisk

23.Keefr22

24.Phreak

25.Scotthldr

26.Davidsm

27.Zero

28.Silverkite211

29.Jens

30.Enzo Matrix

31.MarkSH

32.Col

33.F-32

34.Paul

35.Wild Weasel

36.MadNurseGaz

37.Ale85

38.Deacon

39.Uncle Tadhq

40.Hazza 444

41.DaveJL

42.Vandy1

43.XV571

44.Sabre Days

45.llking

46.Hatchet

47.Arnobiz

48.Bigbadbadge

49.RussTnailZ

50.RobMac

51.C.Smith10

52.Ian

53.Tez

54.Phartycr0c

55.Wayne

56.Ollieholmes

57.Bill Clark

58.mrvr6

59.fanakit

60.attaman007

61.wurger190

62.TimJ

63.Tom4ever

64.Rabspat

65.ghaynes

66.Gekko1

67.smyfe

68.Scimitar F1

69.Tashengurt

70.Alpha Delta 210

71.Bigvern1966

72.Kev1n

73.stakka

74.PhantomPhreakII

75.Fmansam

76.grufsnik

77.mojosdad

78.Rhino

79.Fu Manchu

80.PeterW

81.Jabba

82.Hythe

83.Jacksdad64

84.Duncan B

85.RAF Colonel

86.SonofJim

87.Ghostbase

88.Muller

89.Bomber Harris

90.Chrisrope

91.Peter Marshall

92.SimonR

93.Tim Dix

94.Alan Hooker

95.Antoine

96.Acky190

97.Jb65rams

98.Julien

99.Spooky56

100.MeteorMike

101.XF442

102.Mike

103.Wellzy

104.Harry Lime

105.RWKennard

106.Airbus320

107.f4h1phantom

108.Busdriver

109.ZX10RDavid

110.Saintsphil

111.TonyGol

112.XLpainter

Edited by bexwh773

Bit of a naive question there, but do we use the thread showing our builds as the work in progress thread also?

Cheers

Dave

Yes,

Start a thread for your build, and people will ask question of your build, in your thread! more general question go in the Phantom Chat section ie more questions, about, paintwork, load outs, missiles, history etc, ie ones not specific to your build

HTH

Dave

40 minutes by my clock! Or are we going on BST?

0001hrs BST Im afraid Mark :wicked:

However, my mistake...... I knew Id missed a bit in the Rules Section....... time to add No.9 :doh:

Bexy

OK, we're off! No doubt about it now Bex, it's the 27th May!! :yahoo:

Well, apart from in Honolulu, but I've not seen many BMers from there... Anyway, there's work to do!! :frantic:

OK, we're off! No doubt about it now Bex, it's the 27th May!! :yahoo:

Well, apart from in Honolulu, but I've not seen many BMers from there... Anyway, there's work to do!! :frantic:

:rofl: Its deffo the 27th........ :hbd: Phantom :yahoo:

Bexy

Hi may i please join in with a couple of 32nd phantoms one tamiya and a revell many thanks

simon

More than welcome Simon, fire away :yahoo:

Try here --> Linky

Just remember to put the banner in your own webspace, so you don't use up the original poster's bandwidth.

Thanks Enzo, you found it before I did :lol:

Bexy

I can now find one but how do I get it to be my signature?

Jabba,

Save the banner of your choice to your normal picture host, then add it as an image to your sig like you would a pic to a normal post.

HTH

Bexy

Jabba,

Save the banner of your choice to your normal picture host, then add it as an image to your sig like you would a pic to a normal post.

HTH

Bexy

Thanks Bex, don't do these things often enough to remember how I did it last time.

Quick question, did the F-4E carry the MER on the outer wing pylon? Would 6 MK.82's be the normal load for these?

Cheers

Dave

I am sure that the answer is yes, but I think that the aircraft would be on a short range mission.

I am sure that the answer is yes, but I think that the aircraft would be on a short range mission.

Thanks. I plan to load it out like the IDF did over Lebanon, so not that far to travel!

Dave

Hi,

I had previously asked if some started builds could be elligible for the GB and I was told to post some pics.

Last year I bought several decals and accessories in preparation for building several Phantoms but decided to start with the most troublesome.

OK then. Here's a pic of what I have and a description of each:

IMG_5904retparaBritMod.jpg

Candidate #1: old Revell RF-4C that I got very poorly built more than two decades ago and decided I would re-build. I finally made up my mind and it will become a F-4D in post-Vietnam markings. Nose lengthened by 5mm and Airfix short radome added replacing the original RF nose. May look complete but still needs a lot to build to an acceptable standard.

Candidate #2: old Revell F-4E that I got last year from eBay. Will be another post-Vietnam F-4D. Nose lenghtened by 5mm and Airfix short nose radome added. Like the one before, it still needs much to add to make a decent replica.

Candidate #3: old Hasegawa F-4E that I got partly built last year. Joints sanded and then primed to see what I actually had in my hands. Intakes removed so that I could paint the insides (replacements luckily found in the spares box). Will be a Vietnam era F-4E.

Candidate #4: Fujimi F-4E. Just wings and fuselage sides joined. Will be another Viernam era F-4E.

A couple more picture of candidates #1 and #3, from time before the upper picture was taken:

IMG_4946ch.jpg

IMG_4949ch.jpg

IMG_5487ch.jpg

Please feel free to discard any or all the candidates if you consider them unfit for the GB. I have more Phantom kits, both started and unstarted, but I will concentrate on finishing the ones shown here before I start yet another one! I discovered this GB just a few days ago and thought it would be a big boost to help me finish the kits. Whatever your decision, I will be following the GB with great interest.

Many thanks and all the best,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom