Monogram b-17g 1/48th good ol' Thunderbird

diamond9

Cheers Don.

That feels like a big part of it done now. It's now time to hack the wings to fit the the paragon flaps.

Gary...

Hi Gary, can we have lots of pics of the paragon process please. I need to learn how to fit them sooner or later.

Ok onto the flaps , using the paragon set. I've removed the plastic on one of the wings and fitted the top part of the flap. The bottom part has a strange corner bit to cut around. I did try to go around it but in the end I cut through it .

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

And this is the reason I haven't got too much done today, I'm painting this for another britmodeller cuprar.

IMAG0629.jpg

Gary...

• 2 weeks later...

Not really getting anytime to do these at the moment, what with work and kids that are ill. i did manage to get the engines sprayed up. I still don"t know what to do with the missing cylinder, i think i"m just going to have to hide it somehow.

IMAG0638.jpg

Gary...

Just a quick update. The wings are together at last, I've added some brake lines to the gear legs. I only had about 45 minutes to spend on my models today.

Mind you that's 45 minutes more than I've had for a long while.

Gary...

Just a quick update. The wings are together at last, I've added some brake lines to the gear legs. I only had about 45 minutes to spend on my models today.

Mind you that's 45 minutes more than I've had for a long while.

Gary...

Brake lines! Now that's a thought.

Not much to show today. I've got the tail gun in position and put the bomb aimers chair back in the nose. I had a big fight with the astrodome glazing on top of the nose. I won in the end, but I did say a few choice words in the process.

You may notice something missing in the picture :hmmm:

IMAG0650.jpg

I'll find it eventually.

Panic over, I found it under the corner of the drawers.

I'm was a bit surprised to see the astrodome has stayed in place. Looking in the box I really haven't got a lot to do before I can hit it with some paint, just the upper turret, radio room gun/glazing and the waist gunners positions.

Gary...

Don't underestimate the amount of painting you are going to have to do. You have the surface area of about 10 Spitfires to deal with. Good luck and don't forget your respirator!

(My Lanc just about killed me! lol!)

Edited by per ardua ad ostentationem

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still here !

I seem to have lost my mojo since my hoiliday, but it's slowly coming back. I've had a hour in the modelling room today and i thought i would put the big bits together to see how it looked.

IMAG0735.jpg

IMAG0737.jpg

The wings, engines and props are not stuck on yet. At least now i can vision what it's going to be like.

Gary...

I'm still here !

I seem to have lost my mojo since my hoiliday, but it's slowly coming back. I've had a hour in the modelling room today and i thought i would put the big bits together to see how it looked.

IMAG0735.jpg

IMAG0737.jpg

The wings, engines and props are not stuck on yet. At least now i can vision what it's going to be like.

Gary...

Thats coming along very nicely buddy

Edited by Pedrovski