Tamiya 1/48 F-16

I take it Speys in an F-14 just wouldn't work...? :whistling:

Shame about the decals Phil. If they were sixed to the Hasegawa kit, then that would be one variable right away. As Mike also mentioned, they may have stretched too. Not that it helps you now, but if you get another set, maybe you'd be better off applying some of the stripes individually?

Jens

Of course! :) In hindsight, you could have chopped up the mis-aligning layer(s)... unfortunately, the only way to find out was to apply them... gah! :doh:

They shoulda been right in the first place though... Really puts me off using multi-layered decals now :unsure:

No they haven't stretched. I did one side first and then measured the others still on the sheet It's the colour middle layer it's to small.

Also the colour sheet it solid Carrier film you have to cut it out I can't think of the technical name but it looks like it's been done on a home printer

Guest Hunter

I dunno Phil? I'm just a born again Modeller gradually easing myself into the hobby again, but that tail fin still looks good to me, even though the orange part does not seem to match the real life picture you showed, or the mis-match with the white you mention.

Still haven't started my F-16, but I'll just be going with the stock decals, that interestingly have a smaller dual decal motive for the tail fin, this will be the first time I've tried this.

Hope you get it sorted.

OK, I have had a reply from Bob Sanchez and he's diggin' into this to see "what's what".

I believe him... seen the Bobs posting on ARC, and they always come across as decent folk.

OK well I'm trying to get this done before next weeks holiday, so here's a few shots of the old decals coming off.

First stick on parcel tape and pull

f-16_ta2.jpg

and again

f-16_ta4.jpg

again

f-16_ta3.jpg

there most of it off now a quick rub down re spay and new decals on

f-16_ta1.jpg

The rest of the model had some depot level respraying to get rid of the old marking and new marking put on. Now I have just got to let it dry before some touch ups with the wash, lights on, weapons on and a final flat coat.

Just got a reply from TwoBobs about the decals, as follows.

"Sorry for the delay guys, looks like we'll have to get those full color one's redone. They're definitely the wrong size and I think I've ran the chain of custody on this one on exactly where we fell down.

Printers resized this guy per a default setting on their equipment and walah... gaffed up decals.

More to come on how you can get your replacements and the timing of it all.

Sorry for the hassle."

Phil,

I have just caught up this this one........sorry to read about those decals, I would'nt be happy either. Still, you have done a bloody good job there mate.