Well then guys... progress has been a bit slow on this, but I'm finally getting somewhere. It's been a nightmare with the amount of poorly located injector marks and also the amount of flash coming from various surfaces. However, I've cleaned that all up
I got myself a contouring tool a couple of weeks ago and that really helped with the scratchbuilding, so I have been able to make a couple of decent bulkheads and finish off the cockpit area, as the following photos will show - now, all it needs is painting up in the finished colours.
I've not made too much of an effort on the cockpit as precious little of it is going to be visible when the model is glued together, hence how it is that some of the instruments looks a bit rough and ready... the important part is that I know it's in there. I've still got to add the pilot and copilot seats into the mix and detail this a bit more too.
And this is how it is fitting into the nose - yet again, I've made some rudimentary spacers and added fuse wire to simulate the vast amount of wiring that runs down the inside of the noses of these beasts.
Next up was the undercarriage bulkheads and bomb bay. The under carriage provide with the kit is quite basic, and I'm going to enhance it by detailing my own bays. The bulkheads are just the start though - I intend now to line the bay with spacers and add more detail to the bay in order to make it look more realistic.
I've also started on enhancing the bombbay. I've made a rudimentary basic shape at the moment, and yet again, I will be detailing this in the forthcoming days...
So, plenty more work to go... But we have a start on it!