Dragon Jagdpanther (Late Production).

Hi

If you go shopping for pastels to create your own weathering powders, be sure to get Chalk Pastels not Oil pastels. Check out some Supermarkets as they carry art items on occasions, although I get a lot of my bits from Hobbycraft(expensive in comparison), Poundland or The Works but these may not be outlets in your area.

Alan

That's some very usefull information there, thanks.

Back on topic, looking very nice.

I know Dragon models are starting to overtake Tamiya in terms of quality of detail (if they haven't already!), but how do they compare in terms of prices?

The Dragon stuff is more expensive, but when you see what extra you get for the extra cost I reckon it's worth every penny.

• 4 weeks later...

Another make-over, it was too orange before (which didn't show in the pics, but it was pretty bad). Crappy photo I'm afraid, my photography mojo was worse than usual, this was the only useable pic out of over twenty.

jagd10.jpg

Tracks are on order and while I'm waiting on those I'll do some titivating, including a coat of matt.

The bleach and white vinegar, in a 50/50 mix, is 100% confirmed to do the tracks very nicely. If brown vinegar is used it deposits a rusty effect too, though not sufficient to obviate the need for painting. I tried various ratios of bleach to vinegar but 50/50 is definitely the best. I scrubbed the assembled tracks with a toothbrush and washing-up liquid first. The links start going grey within a minute and after about five minutes I'm not sure they go any greyer. Paint goes on much better too, I guess the oxidised surface provides a very good key. I made up a tin of oil sienna wash and submerged the tracks in it to make sure every part of each link had at least that coat on them. Followed up with a burnt umber wash, brushed on quite thick, to hit all the raised parts. They probably need a matt coat now, they're borderline sheenyish.

Edited by Siggi

I fitted the tracks but they didn't look right, too much redish-brown, so I went over them with some more washes and pigments in water and re-fitted them, I reckon they're good now. Not that the pic shows much of them.

jagd11.jpg