revell 787 dreamliner 1/144 anyone ?

I'll have to have a nose around, see what i can find! I'd like to do mine as a JAL bird

Antony

Hi Guys

i actually got a good set of decals ( not Yellowed) with my Zvezda 787

i hand painted my kit and used the Zvezda decals , i got this kit when it was first released before any decals were released

787-30.jpg

787-31.jpg

the only thing i was unable to get was the fading out effect of the stripes

Richard

I still cant help feeling that there might be some changes to colour schemes when the 767 (finally) enters service.....

but I'll keep an eye out for the RV one anyway

767 is in service and has been for awhile Kev1n, the 787 is the new beast to replace it i do believe? The F-Dcal are nice as well for the 787, problem is like the A380 till they entire service with the airline you want to model they are just What-if, am i correct? I know that Reg has not been given to A380's yet for BA is that the same for the 787?

I have to admit that the 787 looks great in BA, Delta and United colours, hench thats why i am getting them. Not sure about the 787-9 seems a headache to do and a waste of a kit. Just remember when you order decals about the 787-8 and the 787-9 as both have different window config, F-Dcal go into about doing the conversion form the 787-8 to -9 like i said you need 2 kits for 1 conversion. I am not happy about the whole cut up a kit thing so i am wainting for a 787-9 to be released and for now stick with 787-8.

ok ok ok.....its a typo....my finger missed the 8 and hit the 6 instead.......

and I admit I was also scratching my head wondering why people were going on about the 767.......

When i reviewed the BA A380 decals i couldnt find any info on the allocated reg's. I could only find a vague mention of one of Monarchs 787s being allocated. I will have to dig my Monarch decals out as Im 90% sure i have a real reg

As for the twoSix ANA sheet, as I said they are ready, painted etc so that will be 100% as they are made, done etc

Not a problem with ANA like you said they are ready to go, but Airlines like BA there is nothing yet for either 787 or A380 like you said you looked, as have i. Just wondering where these decal companies get the reg from? They risk a lot doing decals with false reg without saying anything to the buyer, there is no such claimer on the A380 BA decals from TonyBay Decals. Not sure about the F-Dcal BA sheet as i have not got it yet.

Or am i wrong about all of it? I am thinking about holding off on my 787-8 and A380 BA jets till they get them.

thats one answer....

but it's also why I'm not in a rush to get 787's and build them before tney go into service.

There's also the individual configurations each airline has, windows blocked etc etc.

Even tho' the type might be the same, aircraft in one airline's service might not be the same as one used by another.

I just noticed this fact, the revell boxing is more expensive that the Zvezda boxing. £18 for the Revell from some places and Zvezda boxing is £15. Just pocket change between them, but £3 is £3 when your short.