FW 190 STGB

Thanks for setting this up Mish.

If you fancy building a Focke Wulf 190 within the allocated timeframe (see above post) then feel free to join the group. The rules are simple; the aircraft must be a Focke Wulf 190 or Ta152 of ANY mark. All models and all scales are acceptable and can be painted in whatever colour scheme you want, historically accurate and fully researched to a fun 'what if' scheme and anything in between; built straight from the box, or with oodles of aftermarket, its all up to what you want. All entries will be treated equally and will be put to a popular vote at the end.

The only other rule is the model can be no more than 25% started. If the fuselage is closed up it probably wont be accepted and the mods word is final! It wont come to that though, you guys are sensible enough to know what's eligble.

So far the interested people are:

Rowmk9 - 1/32 Revell/Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 (with Einheitsheck 'uniform tail').

rkennerly

Tedfellows

AndrewE

-H- - Fw 190D

Radleigh - 1/32 Fw 190

PeterW

mick - either 1/32 Hase or 1/48 Eduard D-11/13

Peter Marshall

MadNurseGaz - 1/48 Fw 190A, 8/JG54 Built! Will find something else he says!

Phil Podmore - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190A-8/R2 'Sturmbock'

CPNGROATS - 1/48 Monogram Fw 190A-5(G)

jacksdad64 - 1/32 Fw 190 MistelS3 + 1/32 Fw 190 Sturmbock Paul Lixfeld, 6.(Sturm)/JG300 (if there's time)

ERWIN - Balsa model!

stevehnz

Doug Rogers - Fw 190D (possibly)

Smuts - 1/48 Eduard Fw190 D-9

mungo1974

kpc7676 - likely multiple entries. 1/32 Fw 190A-8 entry and/or a 1/48 A-5, A-7, F-8! (must like the 190 or something...)

crookedmouth - something in1/72

tango35 - Fw 190G-8 or F-8

gary from darwin - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-11/13

FalkeEins - Mr 190, like he'd miss this one!

Enzo Matrix - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-11 or a 1/48 Tamiya Fw 190A-1 (backdated kit).

oldhouse - 1/32 Pacific Coast Models Fw 190A-3

dazdot - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-9 JV44.

grufsnik - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-13

Moofles - 1/48 Hasegawa Fw 190A-3

Parabat - 1/48 Hasegawa Fw 190A-4 Hubertis von Bonin JG54, Hobbyboss Ta-152 C-0

Arniec - 1/32 Hawegawa Fw 190A-5 (backdated to earlier variant)

Stoohoo - 1/48 Tamiya Fw 190D-9

Steven - Fw 190 (in captured American markings)

Chris Jephcott - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-9 JV44

the South African - 1/72 Academy Fw 190D-9

Tedfellows - 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 JV44

Cheeley - 1/48 Eduard Fw 190A-8 (W.E.)

Severus - Kitbashing a few Eduard 190 Dora's kits to make a prototype (ooh, very hush hush)

Lucas Enriuque - Revell and Tamiya/Dragon 1/72 Fw 190D-9 (interesting to see what will turn up! :) )

Harry Lime - 1/72 Fw 190A-4 PE882 of 1426 Enemy Aircraft Flight

Pabbi 1/48 Fw 190A-5 Hptm. Egon Mayer, JG2

Tim T 1/48 Fw190A-5

nick 1/32 Zoukei-Mura Ta 152

Mikkel -what if project!

Alistair 1/48 Eduard Fw 190A-8 "neptune"Fhj. Ofw.Gunter Migge 1/NJGr. 10

TonyGol something Eduardy...

I'll do my best to update this list with new entries and what people are building (though I wont hold your choice if you decide to change for a different focke, or even a pair of Focke's ;) )

-H- has offered to co-host and I've no problem with that, he can help out with running the group and encouraging you 'orrible lot. In addition Jacksdad64 has offered to help out with enquires on the 190. I'll be swotting up on the wurger too so I can help out with any questions you may have.

One note: If you feel like donating a prize to the group build, then please PM me, It'd be nice to hand out some prizes to the entries that gather the most votes.

Edited by rowmk9

For my 190 I want to do a vintage Monogram 1/48 kit that allowed the builder to build a variety of marks with various under wing stores. Not as accurate as later kits, but IMO, a blast from the past... I may have to source some decals for it however, as my in stash examples are from the 1970's.

Cheers,

ggc

Thank you to Mish and Rowan for this build.

Really looking forward to it. I think and Bad Worishofen D-11 is going to be my butcher bird of choice!

Howard

Put me down for a 1/32 Mistel. And if I have time a 1/32 Sturm.

Steve

ooh a Mistel, interesting choice! As long as the Fw 190 is mounted on it of course! :P

Awesome stuff Mish, thanks for giving the green light for this one. I am unsure if I will do the full four for the GB, but will at least do the ones that I have yet to finish by that stage. I also have the monster 32 scale beast with all its AM that is waiting to be done, could be a good reason to knock it over in this GB???

ooh a Mistel, interesting choice! As long as the Fw 190 is mounted on it of course! :P

A Mistel 3 combination was an A-6 mounted on a Ju88 A-4. So with a Hasegawa A-6 and the Revell Ju88 A-4 I have what I need to do the Mistel S3, which was the training version (S for Schule)

Steve

Awesome stuff Mish, thanks for giving the green light for this one. I am unsure if I will do the full four for the GB, but will at least do the ones that I have yet to finish by that stage. I also have the monster 32 scale beast with all its AM that is waiting to be done, could be a good reason to knock it over in this GB???

Do it, you know you want to! And yeah building four in that time frame might be pushing it, I just put down the lot to make you look mad! :)

And I also look forward to Jaksdad64's Mistel S3.

Hi All: Some additional details my planned entry. Monogram 1/48, FW-190A-5. The kit provides for this variant that features two underwing fuel tanks and a large center line bomb...The kit dates from the early 1970's. I'm hoping to use as many of the original decals as possible. I'll post some pics of the box art, instructions, decals and parts later...

It's later....so, I had barely started this back in the 1980's..fusalage taped up[not glued], some interior painting [cockpit ].

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

Some pics of the instruction sheet....

P1010034.jpg

P1010035-1.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

This will be a nostalgia build for me as I built several of these back in the early 1970's

Box art from an earlier issue of this kit, late 1960's B/A represents the A5 varient..

P3250037FW190AMonogram148boxArt.jpg

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

I don't have anything in mind (or in the stash, for that matter) just yet, but you can deffnitly put me down.

It'll be 1/72 (prolly) and if anyone has a suggestion (or a kit to flog off) I'm open to suggestions...

I don't have anything in mind (or in the stash, for that matter) just yet, but you can deffnitly put me down.

It'll be 1/72 (prolly) and if anyone has a suggestion (or a kit to flog off) I'm open to suggestions...

Revell's 1/72 A-8/F-8 kit is great little kit and is probably still widely available. The canopy is molded closed though so I chop that off and get a spare canopy from either a Tamiya or academy Dora kit to replace it. The Academy kit and I think Tamiya's as well comes with both types of canopy and this means you can choose what type for both kits, if you get them at the same time!. The drawback with this kit however is some of the newest boxings have suffered a little with flash on some parts and the clear part of the canopy is poor - making the change to an academy/tamiya alternative almost a necessity. If you can find an early boxing or even better the revell/monogram 'promodeller' kit you'll find little flash and a great kit.

FalkeEins did a nice comparison of 1/72 190's on his blogspot, I'm sure he wont mind me pointing it out. Fw 190 A kits in 1/72

For Dora's I've built tamiya's and academy's. Both look good when completed but both have their imperfections. Tamiya's kit suffers from short undercarriage legs and the academy has poor detail in the cockpit and some simplified detail.

A few pics of my 1/72 Focke's that may help you decide.

Academy Dora

p1050756p.jpg

Tamiya Dora

p1050799.jpg

Revell A-8 (with Tamiya canopy)

p1050787w.jpg

Revell F-8 (with Academy canopy)

p1050797z.jpg

This will be a nostalgia build for me as I built several of these back in the early 1970's

Cheers,

ggc

Looks good to me CPNGROATS! A nice nostalgic build, and yes that kit is inside the 25% rule seeing as the fuselage is unglued :) With the wing droptanks and centreline SC500 it looks more like a Fw 190G than a A-5 but either way it's be a welcome addition to the group build.

Edit: Updated the list of entrants

Edited by rowmk9

FalkeEins did a nice comparison of 1/72 190's on his blogspot, I'm sure he wont mind me pointing it out. Fw 190 A kits in 1/72

Thanks Rowan.. ..just up-dated the text as well...

I'm just about to start a couple of AZ Models 72 scale Antons. Their A-0, A-1 to A-4 kits look great in the box - not sure as to 'buildability' though, but they are just about the only choice for the earlier variants (aside from the Tamiya A-3). I don't believe Tamiya do an A-4 (?). AZ Models give you a resin fin insert for the correct A-4 tailplane..

Edited by FalkeEins

Academy Dora

p1050756p.jpg

Tamiya Dora

p1050799.jpg

Rowan - thanks for that. Problem is that showing your stuff spoils it a bit - I'll never get anywhere near as good a finsih as that lot.

However, I reckon itll prolly be a Dora - I love the shape. I'm also limited to what's available on the market at the mo' or out of production kits that come up here on BM as I don't do eBay.

Edited by crookedmouth