Condor Fishbed

Good evening,

A few hours ago, I started another MiG-21... tihs time, it's a Condor kit, not so bad. I'm working on this kit just because I want to test Hasegawa Trytool.

So far, so good...

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

Cheers,

Nenad

looking forward to seeing this develop. always wanted to rescribe a couple of kits with tools like that

I've never rescribed a whole kit, only what I've sanded off, what kind of tool did you use to scribe the lines? It looks great so far!

Nenad.......maybe you should do a quick 'How to' as regards the scribing......looks very impressive mate

Regards Simon

Should have read the 1st post a bit closer, Nenad mentions a Trytool :blush:

I have a MMS-USA scriber, it's not great for scribing circles, the Hasegawa tool looks better for doing them. I'm interested 'cos I have a 1/48 Revell Marauder I want to rescribe.

• 1 month later...

Ok, finally some progres,

I used two types of riveters and single needle. I tried to convey the details from tech. drawings to model as faithfully as possible.

Well, seen from the other side, I just wanted to test new riveter and some new techniques of engraving panel lines. I'm satisfied with final result...

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3492-1.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3502-1.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3504-1.jpg

I have a spare canopy from Zvezda Bis, so I'll use that one...

IMG_3509.jpg

Cheers,

Nenad

Great progress, Nenad.

You've done a wonderful job on the rescribing; it really adds to the 'look' of your model. I'm keen to see how the rest unfolds, if your work thus far is any indication! Would you mind illustrating or describing what work you've done on the intake?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Good job so far. Just one question: how do you remove the dust from rescribed panel lines? I'm doing Condor Foxbat at the moment and can't get rid of all that dust from rescribed lines.

Greg

Great progress, Nenad.

You've done a wonderful job on the rescribing; it really adds to the 'look' of your model. I'm keen to see how the rest unfolds, if your work thus far is any indication! Would you mind illustrating or describing what work you've done on the intake?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Thank you! Work on intake, well... nothing special, I just lost the original part, so I made new one from plastic.

Good job so far. Just one question: how do you remove the dust from rescribed panel lines? I'm doing Condor Foxbat at the moment and can't get rid of all that dust from rescribed lines.

Greg

After rescribing, I used to sand panel lines on dry, without water until they are completely white, as you can see on previous pictures. Then i left them for 24h and rescribe again, just to remove the dust. Final step is with Tamiya glue, I just get across them with it and let to dry 48h.

Hope I helped you.

Cheers,

Nenad

Edited by LanceR21