eduard roland c2 walfish

geoff m

My current build is the above. I am having some difficulty in finding a match for the light blue used in WW1. Have tried RLM 76 lightened with some white but it still looks very grey. Any advice greatfully recieved.

Sky blue

Misterkit USA stock WW1 colours. Water based paint.

Cheers.

Bob

mk-gc09.jpg

Thanks for that Bob. Very helpful.

• 9 months later...

Folks, referring to this kit, I was wondering if someone knew what happens with part E7. Not sure what it is, a clear part, to be part painted in black, and stuck on side of fuselage. Anyway, in the instructions, it shows 'something' round being attached to the bottom, but it doesn't specify a part number! Can anyone help me with this bit please?

Thanks, Osher

(thanks for the link too Bobby)

Folks, referring to this kit, I was wondering if someone knew what happens with part E7. Not sure what it is, a clear part, to be part painted in black, and stuck on side of fuselage. Anyway, in the instructions, it shows 'something' round being attached to the bottom, but it doesn't specify a part number! Can anyone help me with this bit please?

Thanks, Osher

(thanks for the link too Bobby)

Aeroclub stock Mr Kit paints in the UK: http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=6&c=MKGC09

The part is F7 (on my version of the kit) and is the recon camera. The circle is another transparent part, F6 which represents the camera lense. Not sure why they moulded F7 in clear plastic. I'd paint the back of the lense black and the body of the camera in wood brown. I'm guesing you have the weekend version - I have the prfipack one which has all the parts identified on the drawing.

Nice to see some WWI stuff being built here!

Aeroclub stock Mr Kit paints in the UK: http://www.aeroclub-models.com/p.html?n=6&c=MKGC09

The part is F7 (on my version of the kit) and is the recon camera. The circle is another transparent part, F6 which represents the camera lense. Not sure why they moulded F7 in clear plastic. I'd paint the back of the lense black and the body of the camera in wood brown. I'm guesing you have the weekend version - I have the prfipack one which has all the parts identified on the drawing.

Nice to see some WWI stuff being built here!

Thanks for all that! Right, it makes more sense now... Yes, I have the 'Weekend' edition. Rather naughty of Eduard to miss out number that bit, and yes, it does seem awfully weird for them to mould the camera body in clear! I think I'll paint mine dirty black, as cameras of that era always seemed to be black.

• 1 month later...

I have the non-weekend, non-profi-pack version.

According to my instructions Part F7 is to be painted wood brown, but I think black is OK too.

Question - does anyone know what the round doodad on the lower port wing is? It is molded into the wing and is not a separate piece. It is to be painted brass and white.

If you're doing the shark-mouth version, what colour are you painting the inside of the mouth, black or red?

I read somewhere that the purple-green camo is wrong, because the purple colour was mandated after these aircraft had been retired from front-line service. I believe it is to be brown and green instead.

Edited by Richard B.

Hi Richard,

IIRC the doodad on the ort lower wing is a fuel gauge, with a white dial, black numerals and brass fittings.

HTH!

Christian the Married