Revell 1/72 F16B two seat 'Tigermeet'

Hi all,

This is my first build for about 25 years, so far it's taken me months to get this far. Mainly due to lack of time.

I'm not happy with the painting so far, so much so that I'm going to try rubbing it down so I can start again.

Tip don't model when your tired and don't have enough light!! :banghead:

yqu0ts.jpg

Edited by Mish

Hey Sis,

Its a start, you know where youve gone wrong and you know how to fix it, failing that, ask on here, someone will help out. Look at the support Ive got for my poxy Tonka, if it wasnt for my friends on here Id have killed it ages ago. :evil_laugh:

Bex

After 25 years of not building this one looks very clean to me! As for painting I cannot see what is wrong with it. If too thick layers of paint, than an repaint will loose more detail. Stripping it can be done as well, but not directly with ovencleaner such as mr. muscle. :partytime::partytime:

And also do not use the Revell given numbers stick to FS Federal Standard. for the F-16 FS 36375 Humbrol 127 FS 36270 Humbrol 126 FS 36118 Humbrol 125

Edited by Eric2020

Hey Mish

Keep on going do not stop and try and fix everything on one model, get it done and get better and do more on the next one. Keep building and each time you will improve, do not try to hard, it will all come together.

Anyway it is looking quite good so far, so keep on chill out.

cheers Ali

Thanks folks,

I've decided to push on as best I can. I think the way to go is painting with an airbrush. I have a basic setup, cheap airbrush and compressor. So Next build should look better.

BTW the pic was taken from a distance so as not to show up the awful paint job so far.

Mish- I've been spraying tonight. Snce my own Revell compressor went sick, I've been using compressed air cans, and it's bloody hard to get comfortable without any control over the actual air pressure. Does your set up have a pressure regulator?

Mish- I've been spraying tonight. Snce my own Revell compressor went sick, I've been using compressed air cans, and it's bloody hard to get comfortable without any control over the actual air pressure. Does your set up have a pressure regulator?

It's a real basic setup. I actually got it with an idea of doing spray on tattoos as a sideline, but it cam to nothing. The airbrush is a 'pick up' type with a screw on glass jar underneath. The compressor is basic as well but does have a regulator.How well it works I can't testify yet, it was okay for the tattoos.

Progress report

Well started the rescue job tonight, and although not a perfect job I'm happy with what I've done considering what I started with.

So tonight I've painted the underside the correct colour gray, all the stores and pylons have been painted. Also the lighter nose area has been painted and the canopy edging picked out.

No pics tonight as its still wet, but I'll take some next weekend before I push on with the final assembly and decal application.

It looks ok to me Sis, looks better now than what it did, look at this way, youre just a bit rusty thats all but it looks to me like the rust is rapidly vanishing..... like ya marbles :evil_laugh::hypnotised::analintruder::tease:

I'll er get me :handbag: & :coat:

Bex

My brother recently bought a basic airbrush setup ( revell I think) using those Badger Spray cans that I remember from my youth, except it had a pressure regulator that fitted on the can. It works great apparently, especially considering I splashed out a fortune on a good Iwata compressor. :(

It looks ok to me Sis, looks better now than what it did, look at this way, youre just a bit rusty thats all but it looks to me like the rust is rapidly vanishing..... like ya marbles :evil_laugh::hypnotised::analintruder::tease:

I'll er get me :handbag: & :coat:

Bex

Rusty yes sis, and the hand is a lot more shaky than it used to be, so it must be my age. :whistle:

My brother recently bought a basic airbrush setup ( revell I think) using those Badger Spray cans that I remember from my youth, except it had a pressure regulator that fitted on the can. It works great apparently, especially considering I splashed out a fortune on a good Iwata compressor. :(

I've decided that this is the last kit I'm going to totally hand paint. The next project I will try airbrushing and see how it goes. I'll be on a learning cure so any advice would be welcome.

The compressor have is just a cheap one I got off of evilbay, I think I paid about £60 for it.

Rusty yes sis, and the hand is a lot more shaky than it used to be, so it must be my age. :whistle:

Oh yes definately getting Old Sis, still Old Age and bus passes aside its still a good job regardless :gobsmacked::evil_laugh::kissing2:

Bex