1/144 767-300 repaint, will be Thomas cook

Hi all, I got this bird of eBay a while ago and just waited for some time to get on with the repaint. I've got some Thomas cook decals To fit to it so it should be a nice repaint. Just got to fill the windows and the join lines and then get it painted

5c1da757.jpg

Edited by cuprar

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 15/6

Hi all, the paint didn't look right so I sanded down with some wet and dry and filled the windows while I was at it.

This is the out come.....

3a4abe34.jpg

I will get her in primer in the morning and hope to get a coat of White on in the afternoon before I go and see rabspat and sort his 777-300 conversion out

maybe you should slow down a bit and let the paitn dry properly

*paint

Edited by kev1n

RIGHT, I striped the A/C down and soaked it over night in some tesco all purpose cleaner and I'm now going to start again,

Wings before

d1ff85e9.jpg

After

02b10f51.jpg

I've also done this to the fuselage, so in a bit I'll reglue everything back together and fill the gaps tonight, then get her in primer tomorrow

You really don't seem to have much luck with paint do you?! :banghead:

No Tom, it only seems to be appliance White. It's all built back up now and just need to sand the filler down, then give her a coat of primer and let it dry till tomorrow

No Tom, it only seems to be appliance White.

This is Halfords Gloss Appliance White? I mentioned this before but it may have something to do with whats underneath the paint, plus leaving it alone to dry completely

before doing something else to it.

HTH

This is Halfords Gloss Appliance White? I mentioned this before but it may have something to do with whats underneath the paint, plus leaving it alone to dry completely

before doing something else to it.

HTH

Yes kev, it is and I always use halfords grey primer under it. But thinking about it now, I leave my kits in the kitchen while they wait to be painted so all the greasy air from cooking could cause this!!!!

Id suggest investing in a large plastic box with a lid. Tesco do cheap ones and I bought a large storage box with clip on lid for £13 that I'm using as the base box for my DIY paint extract/spray booth (but just the box and lid is still useful).

You can fit a full A330-200 in it easily at 1:144 and once you are done working on something or the paint is drying you can clip the lid on and it keeps the grease, dust, cat or children's fingers off your model while it drys.

Also with the addition of lumps of blue tack, cocktail sticks and double sided tape I can keep small parts secure and dust free while they dry and they are kept together with the rest of the model.

Simples!

Id suggest investing in a large plastic box with a lid. Tesco do cheap ones and I bought a large storage box with clip on lid for £13 that I'm using as the base box for my DIY paint extract/spray booth (but just the box and lid is still useful).

You can fit a full A330-200 in it easily at 1:144 and once you are done working on something or the paint is drying you can clip the lid on and it keeps the grease, dust, cat or children's fingers off your model while it drys.

Also with the addition of lumps of blue tack, cocktail sticks and double sided tape I can keep small parts secure and dust free while they dry and they are kept together with the rest of the model.

Simples!

Thanks for that. I thinks I'll get one when I get home from work in an hour. Thanks buddy

UPDATE 19/6

Hi all, I've added the Halfords appliance White on the fuselage this morning and all seems well the White is done at long last lol. Ok tonight I'll paint the wings, tail and underside and then she will be ready for the decals. I've also started to paint the engines to

72288072.jpg

Still need to add some other colors and touch up but they are getting there

f1bf2ac3.jpg

UPDATE, engines all finished

6009a98f.jpg

Wings painted Boeing grey, just need to paint the corogard and flaps. Tail has also been painted using humbrol 14 the same as the engines

aed66ebd.jpg

Will do some more about 12ish

RIGHT, I striped the A/C down and soaked it over night in some tesco all purpose cleaner and I'm now going to start again,

Wings before

d1ff85e9.jpg

I had a thought; re my comment about what is underneath the paint...what was this painted with originally?

If it was enamel - you can't put Halfords over enamel - if you do you get the result in the pic...

you use tesco all purpose cleaner for paint removal right?

I'm just guessing here but it might be that tesco's isnt as good as you think it is.

I do know that ANY enamel paint - even if you cant see it - WILL cause halfords to lift up like in your pic

add that to the way you move so quick, could be why you have had the problems

hth

Hi Kevin the pic of the wing is after 24hrs in the tesco all purpose cleaner. I think the paint lefted because of where it was left in the kitchen. Because it's been fine this time and I didn't leave it there.

Hi Kevin the pic of the wing is after 24hrs in the tesco all purpose cleaner. I think the paint lefted because of where it was left in the kitchen. Because it's been fine this time and I didn't leave it there.

Suffering from double vision then Chris?

Suffering from double vision then Chris?

LOL