1/48 Tamiya Fw190 A-8/R2

Yep, I was lucky I didn't stick my eye-lids together! You know how it is when you're focusing on one hand and ignoring the other!

Good point about the canopies, at least with the tape you can see where it is!

J.

Ok so I've finished her. The only other scratchbuilt addition is the aerial wire made from hair. I've 'autocorrected' a few pics but I dont think it spoils them too much, I probably should have waited for better light. So without further ado...

Picture of the actual aircraft

moritz.jpg

My mini one...

p1070947w.jpg

p1070919.jpg

p1070915.jpg

p1070925.jpg

p1070927c.jpg

p1070979p.jpg

p1070984g.jpg

I'll upload the pics to the gallery soon :) Thanks for looking.

That's a wonderful looking FW..! The stuff of inspiration...!!

Cheers,

ggc

I can only add to everyone else's compliments, she looks amazing. Great paint job, great panel lines, great weathering etc. I really am going to have to build myself an Fw190 at some stage. You should be very happy with it!

J.

P.S. Are you still nicking your niece's hair? :)

P.S. Are you still nicking your niece's hair? :)

Thanks Jason! yes you should build a FW190, in my group build I'm organising (shameless plug...)

Yes I am still 'borrowing' some of my niece's hair for the aerials, it's strong and thin and my niece thinks it's funny that her hair can be used for it. :P

I think using the hair is an excellent idea, just haven't figured out quite how to run it by my wife yet! :)

I don't think I can wait 'til next year to build one. I'm tempted to try one of Eduard's Profipacks ( or whatever they're called ) to see what modelling with PE and Masks etc. is like!

J.

Great work there Rowan. You have shown me some great tips in egards to the silver chipping and the like that I will make sure I implement on a future Butcher Bird or two. Thoroughly looking forward to the GB, should be a cracker and a real chance to get 190 entrenched.

• 1 year later...