For those of you that can't get enough Orange...

Hi Al, good to see that your absence has not lessened your humour!

Nope, it's the 200th Airbus, of which most were A319s but now we seem to be getting just A320s; it does not include the B737s. But appalling? I think you'd better have a look at the history of BA schemes before you call a splash of orange appalling... ;)

Oooh my eyes!

But.........they are looking rather tasty (orangy in fact!). Good luck with the micro stickies.

Small question though. At the beginning of the thread #200 has a German temporary registration. It was my understanding that all 320's had French trade plates (built in France) and that the 319 and 321's had German ones as thy were built in Hamburg?

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Originally the A320 was only built in Toulouse with the A319/A321 lines in Hamburg. When Airbus increased their production rates there wasn't enough room in TLS to accommodate another A320 assembly line and the A330/A340 lines. As a result a third line to produce A320s was opened in Hamburg. Hence the 'D-plates' on some A320s :D. As an aside, the line in China currently builds aircraft exclusively for the Chinese airlines so it's unlikely we'll see any non-Chinese airlines with B- test numbers - yet.

HTH,

Jonathan

Hi Al, good to see that your absence has not lessened your humour!

Nope, it's the 200th Airbus, of which most were A319s but now we seem to be getting just A320s; it does not include the B737s.

Hard to believe, when I joined EZY they had 32 aircraft... when I left they had just taken delivery of the 100th. There must be a lot of leased ex-EZY aircraft out in the Far East and India now!

My Easyjet A319 is no where near complete, only stuck a few bits together, i intend on getting the decals and doing 2X A320s with Rays decals, im using draw decal for my a319, got them in may..........

,............... i'll finish eventully

My Easyjet A319 is no where near complete, only stuck a few bits together, i intend on getting the decals and doing 2X A320s with Rays decals, im using draw decal for my a319, got them in may..........

,............... ill finish eventully

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm calling this pair finished! Well, apart from the A320's wingtip nav lights which I'll do tomorrow and finish off doing all of the static dischargers. Many thanks go to Ray at TwoSix, without whom etc. etc...

The display base is something I knocked up quickly to give them something more realistic to sit on. It is not an accurate representation, so don't start telling how long runway centreline markings should be!

34655852.jpg

0555dd0d.jpg