Price of kits

MS664

i got my ah64 from mike (mjw models) on here think it was £35ish quid

Thanks!

Like 'Charley' says we can get Hasegawa kits in for people and sell them at discounted prices. We can't sell them at 'giveaway' prices but we can certainly sell them a few £ cheaper than MZ or Hannants and have the benefit of being a UK based retailer, so no high foreign postal charges and we post almost every day, so quick delivery is assured. We are getting a few Hasegawa JU88/188's in to stock as a trial but we can order specific kits for anybody.

thanks

Mike

Oh and regards to MZ, I don't know about any of their other stores but the guys in the Chester store are usually very good with their customer service to be fair to them. Sometimes you get real bargains in the sale - I picked up a Hasegawa B-26 for £20 last year and I noticed recently in Manchester, they were selling one of the Liberators for about £37 (I think), which usually sells for almost £60. Generally though, I only occasionlly picked stuff up from there, most of the time I bought online as it was cheaper and I didn't have to drive into Manchester or Chester.

thanks

Mike

Oi! Yes! And I posted about that one two days ago!

Memo to site owner - can we have a little yellow smiley face holding a board that says RTFP? :)

Touche' Nick!! :lol:

Well, you DIDN'T post this !! :D

"New lower prices on Trumpeter models" - this was on an advert in M A I magazine for Internet Hobbies in the USA. I guess "lower" is a relative term. Here are some examples.Judge for yourselves ;

1/32 Harrier GR-7 rrp $154.99 (£95.16). Lower price $119.34 (£73.27

1/32 F14D Tomcat - rrp $209.95 (£128.90). Lower price $161.66 (£99.26)

1/32 F105D Thunderchief rrp $139.95 (£85.92). Lower price $107.76 (£66.16)

Postage charge via UPS is a default $40 for a 3lb parcel (£24.16)

I simply refuse to buy anything by Hasegawa/Tamiya/Academy/Trumpeter from UK retailers. Unless of course I manage to pick up a bargain or two on evilbay!

Edited by Albeback52

Hasegawa prices are very reasonable when compared to an optimist advertising a 1/72 Matchbox Jaguar GR1 kit on eBay right now...

£863.77 as a starting bid ( Item number: 150605358728 )

No bids as yet.

I don't think Tamiya are that expensive, you can still get the 1/48 Spits, Mustangs , 109's and a few 190's for about £15-£17 depending where you go in the UK, the rest yeah crazy. I don't buy Hase anymore unless it's second hand or on sale. I stick with Airfix, Revell, Italeri, Academy and Minicraft and a few Russian companies. Oh and not forgetting Eduard thay have some nice bargins especially there Weekend kits, pure bargin if you go to the right place.

As my buget has got smaller these days i can't afford the nice but extremely expensive kits unless i save for weeks to get it, but by time i saved enough realaity kicks in and i realise that i can get more for my money with the cheaper brands. The last Hase kit i brought new was the Phantom FG.1 Ark Royal, i think it came to about £38 with shipping, now to buy that kit i need a morgage.

Hasegawa prices are very reasonable when compared to an optimist advertising a 1/72 Matchbox Jaguar GR1 kit on eBay right now...

£863.77 as a starting bid ( Item number: 150605358728 )

No bids as yet.

:lol:

I think you will now find the price is £8.67!! Perhaps a bit of finger trouble on the part of the seller!!

Who knows, perhaps if Hasegawa realised that Amerang were bumping up the prices on their stuff and losing them busines in the UK, they might very well take the distributors rights off them and give it to someone else. Amerang recently lost Hitec radio control to another distributor........ guess what happened to the prices of Hitec radio when the new distributor released their prices??? They were 20% lower!!!!

Edited by FingerPainter

Why don't we start a community campaign? We can get the Britmodeller community, maybe the IPMS UK, and many of the stores which are probably not making much profit out of Hase prices. If we "formalize" the campaign we can maybe get Hasegawa to notice and maybe convince them that the best course of action is to pick another distributor(s)...

Mike,

I'd be happy to buy Hasegawa 1/48 jets at £ 40 ( or more likely £ 39.99 ) each, which I consider to be a fair price.

It's simply impossible at £ 50 / 60 / 75.

I can't see why a new decal sheet adds £ 10 or 20 to the price.

I remember getting their nice new 1/48 F-16I at £ 33 a few years ago. I managed to find the £ to get 2 of them, even.

In the old days though, I had 3 or more of their nice new ( original boxing ) F-16CJ though.

Price is the only reason that I'm buying no more Hasegawa.

( Almost ) Perfect quality is meaningless if the kit stays on the shop shelf.

Good quality means that I reach in to my pocket for £.

Revell's new Typhoons / F/A-18E/F are examples of that.

< deciding not to get any more Hasegawa until their price comes down a LOT >

Regards,

Gerard

Gerard

All I can say is the discount we give is more % based so the more £ the kit costs the more £'s we can knock off. If there's any particular model or models you're interested just send me a PM and we'll work out the prices for you. If they're are still too much then fair enough.

thanks

Mike

Mike,

I'd be happy to buy Hasegawa 1/48 jets at £ 40 ( or more likely £ 39.99 ) each, which I consider to be a fair price.

It's simply impossible at £ 50 / 60 / 75.

I can't see why a new decal sheet adds £ 10 or 20 to the price.

I remember getting their nice new 1/48 F-16I at £ 33 a few years ago. I managed to find the £ to get 2 of them, even.

In the old days though, I had 3 or more of their nice new ( original boxing ) F-16CJ though.

Price is the only reason that I'm buying no more Hasegawa.

( Almost ) Perfect quality is meaningless if the kit stays on the shop shelf.

Good quality means that I reach in to my pocket for £.

Revell's new Typhoons / F/A-18E/F are examples of that.

< deciding not to get any more Hasegawa until their price comes down a LOT >

Totally with you on that one Gerard. I havent bought anything new from Hasegawa, Tamiya, Trumpeter or Academy for at least 3 years now. I simply refuse to pay the outrageous prices. Have you seen the latest rip off? £105 for the Tamiya 1/32 P51D. I could buy 5 Revell AR-196s or BAE Hawks for that price!! £105 for a small single engined fighter?? That's criminal! Even £50 is stretching things for me because I only work part time. However, that's the limit I set for myself so, I will stick by it. No choice.

Perhaps Hasegawa et al might finally get the message when their UK sales drop through the floor? I'd rather have a good basic 1/32 or 1/48 kit at £30 - £40 than an all singing, all dancing one at 2 - 3 times the price. I don't do after market accessories - I'm content to use what comes out of the box!! :lol:

Just as an aside, you may have seen my earlier post here. I managed to get 2 Trumpeter MiG 23 kits at very good prices. Ordered direct from the shop in Hong Kong. the retailer was willing to combine postage on the two so, the TOTAL including postage) was roughly the same as the r r p for just ONE of those kits in the UK. I've also obtained the Trumpeter 1/32 F-105D (re boxed by Hobby Craft) for a reasonable £42.99. Funny how a reboxing leads to a 50% reduction in price!! I've also got a couple of Hasegawa's 1/48 RAF Phantoms. These were the Revell re boxings & they cost just £16.99 each in the shop when I bought them.

Regards,

Gerard

The current Hasegawa prices are silly, They have all ways been a high price but at the moment I'm not buying any more as most are just another release of an older mold.

I have plenty in stock to keep me busy until the prices come down.

Shaun.

I simply only build 1/72 for the reason that A) I am limited to space and B) the costs.

Firstly the whole point of the hobby for me is to challenge myself, enjoy what I am doing and use it to relax myself. When the amount of plastic you get in some of Revell, Italeri and even Academy's newer kits (or even older for that matter) as well as the quality I simply see no need to fork out the money for Hasegawa or Tamiya etc. £30 odd for a Hasegawa F-16, when the new Revell F-16's are of superb quality and at a fraction of the price.

I think that the prices set for some kits undermine what the hobby is all about. It is not a ''rich mans'' hobby, exsclusive for the people who can afford it. It is for everyone. For all to enjoy and be a part of. With the prices that are enough to extort people I think it has moved beyond a hobby. For something to do over the weekend, Airfix's new BF-110E/E-2 Trop, or a Revell F-16 or Tornado GR1, will give me something of a good quality, with a fair bit of plastic, that I can enjoy building and have something good for my shelf afterwards. And, these kits will not cause me trouble with fit etc.

This is just my opinion though, I know that some people are more than happy to fork out for Hasegawa's new £100 masterpiece, but that is your own opinion and we are all entitled to that.

Back in the day with Matchbox and Airfix, Frog etc. This was all pocket money stuff that was what the majority grew up on. Even as a youngster in the late 90's I grew up on Airfix and Frog kits that used to belong to my Dad and he had not yet built.

All the best,

Dan.

Just done very quick price check on one new Hasegawa kit, the 48th Raptor. I got 3 random prices from Japan, Australia and the US. The kit retails at MZ for £74.99. In Japan 4720 yen (£35.59), Australia AUS$87.85 (£57.71) and the US $79.98 (£49.27). The Japanese price is interesting as it's over double the UK price

I found this and it might interest you. Hasegawa trade prices. The Raptor is down at £41.66 with these at trade. Over £20 a unit in profit for the retailer should they want to charge rrp.

http://www.clevelandsdiecast.co.uk/userupl...RICE%20LIST.xls

Interestingly, these say they are an importer for Hasegawa, but the rrp prices are the same as Amerang. I find that strange

Edited by chadders

Same story in miniatures

Games Workshop have announced an annual price rise (ie nowt to do with anything other than it is an annual event).

Pretty much 20% across the majority of the range.

They have discontinued metal figures replacing them with resin, and hiked the price to celebrate the event.

Furthermore for non-EU Countries with a few European contries and the USA, they have told on-line discount retailers that they will no longer be able to supply those markets. Australians are already paying more for GW products.

With regard to kits I am a tad concerned that the Hase prices will drag up the other kit prices, it is noticable to me that Airfix are edging upwards.

Italeri have re released the 1/72 Hellcat with FAA for a tenner!

Thank goodness for the stash!

Why don't we start a community campaign? We can get the Britmodeller community, maybe the IPMS UK, and many of the stores which are probably not making much profit out of Hase prices. If we "formalize" the campaign we can maybe get Hasegawa to notice and maybe convince them that the best course of action is to pick another distributor(s)...

Ehem, I hate to quote myself but it appears it got lost as the last post in the last page...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i know its rare but i still wouldnt pay it

I bet collectors have got hold of it, and the poor thing will sit in a box and never see a nice coat of paint and a loving display on a shelf of a proud modeller. Shame.

All the best,

Dan.

Same story in miniatures

Games Workshop have announced an annual price rise (ie nowt to do with anything other than it is an annual event).

Pretty much 20% across the majority of the range.

They have discontinued metal figures replacing them with resin, and hiked the price to celebrate the event.

Furthermore for non-EU Countries with a few European contries and the USA, they have told on-line discount retailers that they will no longer be able to supply those markets. Australians are already paying more for GW products.

With regard to kits I am a tad concerned that the Hase prices will drag up the other kit prices, it is noticable to me that Airfix are edging upwards.

Italeri have re released the 1/72 Hellcat with FAA for a tenner!

Thank goodness for the stash!

You're right , Walrus, I'm sure lots of kit manufacturers and distributors will be watching Hasegawa closely, to see if they could benefit their profits

by a similar exercise to turn their product into a premium luxury item...